Windows 10: Loss of Power - No BSOD

Discus and support Loss of Power - No BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A bit frustrated. I get this message in the Event Viewer, but I don't know how to fix it. Windows 10. The machine-default permission settings do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kitsa, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kitsa Win User

Loss of Power - No BSOD

A bit frustrated. I get this message in the Event Viewer, but I don't know how to fix it.
    Windows 10.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user Bugsy\CRYSTAL SID (S-1-5-21-1217344509-49604661-3481387750-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-1861897761-1695161497-2927542615-642690995-327840285-2659745135-2630312742). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I do not understand how to fix it.
    I was going to post it in BSOD, but it doesn't blue screen. It just completely shuts down my computer.

:)

Kitsa, Oct 3, 2016

2. loss of power

My Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 suddenly loses power completely after being left for 10 minutes. On re-boot it all comes back then 10 mins later I lose power again. Help!

BrianBlakeRN, Oct 3, 2016
  3. loss of power

Hi Brian,

The above issue might occur due to non-updated battery drivers or if any third party application/program is conflicting with the battery drivers installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you facing the above issue on performing a specific task on the computer?
    • Did you make any recent system changes?

Method 1: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check the status of computer behavior. System freezes and other irregular behaviors is mostly caused due to the unwanted/unused
    files retained in the PC.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Select View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • After the troubleshooting is completed, check the status for any missing system components on the computer.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, boot the computer in
    Safe mode with networking and check if similar issue persists on the computer.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using. Logging into
    Safe mode will help in diagnosing if the issue is caused due to the corrupted user profile or the services disabled on the PC.

Select appropriate options to boot the computer into Safe Mode.
    Reboot the computer to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, refer to the article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of power drain issue on a Windows 10 computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 3, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Loss of Power - No BSOD

spunk, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Kitsa Win User
    I'm working on it. I went into Regedit like it said, tried to change the permissions to Administrator. It says it has full permissions, but when I go back into Component Services it is still grayed out.

I'm stuck changing the owner from TrustedInstaller. It says I don't have permission to do that.

Kitsa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Loss of Power - No BSOD

1. Loss of Power - No BSOD - Similar Threads - Loss Power BSOD

2. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location specific loss of internet and BSOD: I use my Windows 10 64-bit HP Elitebook both at home and at work. On the work wifi, I have no connection problems whatsoever. At home the wifi consistently disconnects. Running the network diagnostic resets the wifi adapter, and then I get about 5 minutes of use before it...
  3. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location specific loss of internet and BSOD: I use my Windows 10 64-bit HP Elitebook both at home and at work. On the work wifi, I have no connection problems whatsoever. At home the wifi consistently disconnects. Running the network diagnostic resets the wifi adapter, and then I get about 5 minutes of use before it...
  4. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD At a Loss

BSOD At a Loss: So I've been getting tons of BSOD when the machine is idle, I have updated drivers, system file checked, chkdsk, reinstalled OS, replaced hardware and I cannot come to the cause. It seems like the driver in question is ntoskrnl.exe and the caused by address is the same...
  6. All Netflix downloads lost after power loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Netflix downloads lost after power loss: Hi, I had a number of downloaded movies, TV shows and series on my Windows 10 Laptop from Netflix to watch later in "Offline" mode. I started a downloaded movie with internet connection enabled and movie was sitting ready to start when my laptop "crashed" as a result of...
  7. Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.: Hi! There was a sudden power loss for 1 second and my pc force rebooted. Now when I boot it up there is a horizontal white line running across the top of my monitor for a second each time I boot up the pc and also my headset makes a weird noise when I turn on the pc and a...
  8. Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?: Hi, My laptop is running Windows 10 enterprise 1803 which I want to upgrade to 1909. But there is an issue. My laptop's battery is completely dead I get a backup of <1 second and I use it while connected to the charger. The company of the laptop couldn't provide the battery...
  9. DIY External (USB) SSD - pitfalls of power loss?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DIY External (USB) SSD - pitfalls of power loss?: A while ago at Micro Center I noticed a bucket of these SSD's at a very cheap price and tossed one into my basket: https://www.amazon.com/Inland-Profes.../dp/B076XMH2JT Inland Professional 120GB SSD 3D TLC NAND - Micro Center Afterwards I read some reviews which indicated...
  10. BSODs & Monitor Signal Loss, GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BSODs & Monitor Signal Loss, GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT: (I also posted this on EightForums before realizing I wasn't on TenForums.) System Information Make: Dell Model: XPS 630i (~9 years old) Original OS: Windows Vista SP1 Original GPU: GTX 280 Current OS: Windows 10 Pro Current GPU: GT 610 Summary of the issue and...