Windows 10: Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10

Discus and support Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently took Microsoft's advice and refreshed my PC with a new 'clean' version of Windows 10, having migrated over the years from Vista and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeoffO2019, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10

I recently took Microsoft's advice and refreshed my PC with a new 'clean' version of Windows 10, having migrated over the years from Vista and Windows 7 through to Windows 10.

I have successfully set up all the mail addresses that previously used this machine, so I have access to all my current 'live' mail, however the refresh has eliminated many Apps, including Window Live Mail 2012 which I was using to Save all my previous important mail.

How can I retrieve this data?

:)

GeoffO2019, Aug 28, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10

1. Loss of Saved mail when upgrading to a 'Clean' version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Loss Saved mail

2. Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when upgrading to Windows 10 2004 version: Hi all, I am trying to upgrade to 2004 version, offline and remotely. The upgrade process failed due to block by Trend Micro Officescan This info I got when I go through setupact.log I tried to disable the AV - still failed The upgrade successful after I uninstall the...
  3. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  4. Loss of e-mails when moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Loss of e-mails when moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10: When moving my e-mail folders from Windows 7 desktop computer into The Cloud OneDrive and from The Cloud into my new Windows 10 desktop computer, a section of about 3+ months of e-mails did not appear in the inbox. How can I retrieve it?...
  5. Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?

Will power loss destroy the computer when upgrading?: Hi, My laptop is running Windows 10 enterprise 1803 which I want to upgrade to 1909. But there is an issue. My laptop's battery is completely dead I get a backup of <1 second and I use it while connected to the charger. The company of the laptop couldn't provide the battery...
  6. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...
  7. Loss of photo permissions after Windows 10 upgrade

Loss of photo permissions after Windows 10 upgrade: I had Microsoft upgrade my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I reattached my external drive with all of my personal files and photos. The photos are organized by year and the month subfolder. I discovered that within a year, I can view some months and not others. I...
  8. Error when upgrading version of Windows 10

Error when upgrading version of Windows 10: When upgrading Windows 10 Insider versions the last 2 updates have failed and rolled back. When I look at the rollback log this message appears: 2018-09-11 14:11:53, Error SP CSetupPlatformOSSwitchCheckpoint::Rollback: Path "C:\Users" cannot be removed, could be moved out of...
  9. Loss of data with Windows Live Mail

Loss of data with Windows Live Mail: Recently, there was a power outage and after startup, Windows Live Mail did not have any emails and the contact list was lost. I have found the emails in one of the Storage Folders and I assume I can just move them back into the main mail folder (all folders in...
  10. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...