Windows 10: Loss of software

Discus and support Loss of software in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was advised to reinstall Windows 10 to deal with a problem I was having. I did so and in that process lost all of the Microsoft software/programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaureenHickey Reiff, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Loss of software

I was advised to reinstall Windows 10 to deal with a problem I was having. I did so and in that process lost all of the Microsoft software/programs that came installed on my Dell computer when new a year ago. What do I do to get these programs reinstalled?

:)

MaureenHickey Reiff, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Loss of Internet connection due to Flight mode on desktop with no WiFi

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Loss of software

Problem in opening files through other softwares

Hi Sahaj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If the issue is with an app which is installed from Store, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the app in which you are facing the issue and click
      Uninstall.
    • Open the Windows Store.
    • Search for the app and click on Install.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue is with a software installed, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the program and check if that helps. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the software in which you are facing the issue from the list and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    • Now reinstall the program and check.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Loss of software

1. Loss of software - Similar Threads - Loss software

2. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  3. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  4. How to return a laptop and ensure no data loss without removing manufacture installed software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return a laptop and ensure no data loss without removing manufacture installed software: I am returning a laptop I just purchased. I want to ensure removal of all of my data without removing any software installed by the manufacturer. I have:Uninstalled any personally installed softwareDisconnect OneDriveChecked my 'users' folder and removed any stragglersBut I...
  5. How to return a laptop and ensure no data loss without removing manufacture installed software

How to return a laptop and ensure no data loss without removing manufacture installed software: I am returning a laptop I just purchased. I want to ensure removal of all of my data without removing any software installed by the manufacturer. I have:Uninstalled any personally installed softwareDisconnect OneDriveChecked my 'users' folder and removed any stragglersBut I...
  6. At a loss with Windows Update in 11 and latest version of AMD VGA driver/Adrenalin Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At a loss with Windows Update in 11 and latest version of AMD VGA driver/Adrenalin Software: Okay guys, please help as this is driving me nuts! The issue is that Windows Update Windows 11 keeps updating my APU VGA driver for the 5700G. I use the Adrenalin Software and get the driver and app directly from AMD. When Windows updates it, it renders the Adrenalin software...
  7. At a loss with Windows Update in 11 and latest version of AMD VGA driver/Adrenalin Software

At a loss with Windows Update in 11 and latest version of AMD VGA driver/Adrenalin Software: Okay guys, please help as this is driving me nuts! The issue is that Windows Update Windows 11 keeps updating my APU VGA driver for the 5700G. I use the Adrenalin Software and get the driver and app directly from AMD. When Windows updates it, it renders the Adrenalin software...
  8. IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...: Hello Microsoft Team, Can you please help? I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender's website because it is being blocked by IRM "Information Rights Management" I can not move this file into a zip file to submit it for a closer...
  9. Loss Of My Software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Loss Of My Software: Respected Sir,Previously 4 Months Back Unexpectedlly,in my PC Localdisk C Programfiles Deleted.So i loss my Favourite App AVIDEMUX.i dont know Version Sir.i downloaded more versions,but my 43inches tv not supported any Video.Previously iam used that Avidemux software to...
  10. Loss of Office software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of Office software: I did a reset following a help blog, to get a volume control in the tray. The reset removed my preloaded Microsoft Office. How to I get it back? I have the product key. I am using Windows 10...