Windows 10: loss of sound after Windows 10 update

Discus and support loss of sound after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeatherSmith72, Aug 15, 2019.

1. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound

:)

HeatherSmith72, Aug 15, 2019

2. Sound loss

Hi Linda,

In most cases, you may experience a sound loss if its audio driver is incompatible with the installed latest Windows version. For us isolate the issue, we suggest that you update the device's audio driver by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Loss of volume icon since Windows 10 update

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the sound drivers from the Device Manager and check if it Volume icon appears.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs from the window.
    Note: Expand the above driver one at a time and follow the below step.

3. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue still persists then follow the below step.

Step 2: I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following Microsoft article and look under the section: Set up accounts.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 15, 2019
  4. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

loss of sound after Windows 10 update

1. loss of sound after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - loss sound update

2. Loss of sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of sound: I lost sound through my speakers on my hp laptop at first. I could hear through headphones then they went silent. All suggestion appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound/b4e6c0d1-5d3d-460c-8e80-9df1b3003cbb
  3. Loss of sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of sound: the sound has suddenly stopped on my Lenovo laptop. Has a speaker sign with a red X against it have tried to solve it but with no success. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound/39431f9b-5ec4-41f7-967c-63a4bba91d6a
  4. Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?: I seem to have a problem others have had in past years. I've been using WINAMP to play sounds for decades. Now, when I use it to try to play an mp3, I get the error message: BadDirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. I...
  5. Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2: I have an HP Envy laptop with Banf & Olusen sound. It has always worked well until the 20H2 update, after which there is no sound and the audio input and output systems are shown as "not present". Rolling back the update to the previous version 1909 restores the sound. HP...
  6. Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update

Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update: Wonder if anyone can help ? After a recent auto update all sound was lost on my PC. I have tried to fix it loads of ways, using all the troubleshoot systems which did not help at all. I have updated all the audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them. The computer tells...
  7. Loss of sound after installing Windows 10 2004

Loss of sound after installing Windows 10 2004: It may be coincidental bu, having just installed Windows 10 2004 I have lost my sound output. Is this a recorded problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-installing-windows-10-2004/ce3ff9ba-8d34-4931-9058-fbb7471fe64c
  8. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

Loss of apps after Windows 10 update: i have a 70 year old client running Windows 10 at my suggestion. Last night she noticed some changes were happening to her Windows10 software. A question was being asked and she indicated “ yes”. she has now lost her email app, her security app, banking app and more....
  9. Sound loss.

Sound loss.: Since the automatic windows 10' changeover some time ago, I've never had my sound working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/sound-loss/710fcfad-8634-4a1f-821d-7d34d116d0d9
  10. Sound loss after upgrade

Sound loss after upgrade: I have a home built gaming pc running windows 10 32 bit and never had any issues, I decided to upgrade to 64 bit as it was compatible allowing me to insert more memory. On doing so I lost all USB usage and no sound. I rectified the USB issue but the sound is a no go. The pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loss of sound after windows 10 update