Windows 10: Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2

Discus and support Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy laptop with Banf & Olusen sound. It has always worked well until the 20H2 update, after which there is no sound and the audio input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jennie M, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Jennie M Win User

Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2

I have an HP Envy laptop with Banf & Olusen sound. It has always worked well until the 20H2 update, after which there is no sound and the audio input and output systems are shown as "not present".

Rolling back the update to the previous version 1909 restores the sound.

HP have carried out various on-line tests which show that the fault is definitely in the software, the hardware is fine.

There is obviously something missing in the 20H2 update which is needed by my laptop. This does seem to be a known problem.

Needless to say I have carried out all the built-in fault-finding processes, but to no avail.

I look forward to your prompt assistance

best regards

Jennie

:)

Jennie M, Apr 9, 2021
  2. TWillats Win User

Loss of sound HP Envy

Since 28th June when I had two automatic updates to W 10, I have no sound on my HP Envy. System says sounds working fine and volume is up of course. The only clue is a message in the System area which says ACP\INT requires further installation.

TWillats, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Apr 9, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Loss sound Envy

2. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds not working after 20H2 update!: I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager...
  3. Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?: I seem to have a problem others have had in past years. I've been using WINAMP to play sounds for decades. Now, when I use it to try to play an mp3, I get the error message: BadDirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. I...
  4. Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2

Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2: Since downloading the 20H2 update I have lost all audio on my HP Envy laptop. HP have spent 6 hours of remote assistance to no avail. The troubleshooter cannot find the problem. Drivers have been uninstalled, re-installed and updated but still no audio. HP suggest I backup...
  5. Sound HP ENVY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound HP ENVY: Hi, My laptop is only 6 months old but has an issue with fluctuating sound levels quiet then loud/ or level it should be Tried trouble shooting but it says there are no issues? Help! Thanks Victoria...
  6. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  7. Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update

Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update: Running a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, latest 20H2 and security updates just came through this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few...
  8. Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update

Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update: Wonder if anyone can help ? After a recent auto update all sound was lost on my PC. I have tried to fix it loads of ways, using all the troubleshoot systems which did not help at all. I have updated all the audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them. The computer tells...
  9. Sound issue HP Envy

Sound issue HP Envy: I am experiencing a rather inconvenient and annoying problem with my HP Envy machine. Almost every time it goes to sleep, when I wake it up, the sound doesn't work. When I restart, it works just fine. But it's inconvenient to have to restart my computer every time. This used...
  10. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

loss of sound after Windows 10 update: I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-windows-10-update/4c8f4bce-3058-4c7c-b619-7ef0be798b5c