Windows 10: Loss of storage SDD

Discus and support Loss of storage SDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I play games during my games whenever I lose storage. I checked and its not my windows system protection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrettBergstrom, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Loss of storage SDD

I'm having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I play games during my games whenever I lose storage. I checked and its not my windows system protection. Can someone help me? I can only lose some more storage where I have none and my computer breaks down. I would like to know what is wrong and how to fix it. Thank you!

:)

BrettBergstrom, Jan 1, 2021

2. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Loss of storage SDD

Random loss of storage...

Thanks, I followed the steps you provided me and it worked. I only got part of my storage back after doing this. I did not get back all of it.

Muhammad_202, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Loss of storage SDD

1. Loss of storage SDD - Similar Threads - Loss storage SDD

2. SDD Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SDD Issue: I had a Ransomeware virus attatched to my pc and it turned off my secure DNS from google chrome. Wonder how i would turn it on i went on a youtube video and i didn't have the Folder with the Registry in the registry editor. I know how randomswore can attack and edit the...
  3. SDD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDD Issue: I had a Ransomeware virus attatched to my pc and it turned off my secure DNS from google chrome. Wonder how i would turn it on i went on a youtube video and i didn't have the Folder with the Registry in the registry editor. I know how randomswore can attack and edit the...
  4. Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading HDD Storage into SDD Storage: is it necessary to buy a new windows 10 product key when I upgrade my HDD storage into SDD storage or my original windows 10 product key was included too when I do cloning?...
  5. Loss of C: drive Available Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of C: drive Available Storage: Problem: On my Dell Inspiron 3250 desktop new Windows 10 with a 1TB C: drive, using File Explorer, I noticed I was losing about 20 GB of storage capacity per day. Troubleshooting: My McAfee virus software was detecting no virus. Using File Explorer, I was unable to see...
  6. Random loss of storage. Please help me (:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random loss of storage. Please help me (:: Hi. I keep on losing all my space on my HDD. I delete lots of recordings, games and other stuff but it keeps filling up until its full. Idk wether its a virus or something. Ive scanned for viruses and I have none. Any help would be much appreciated. (: If you know...
  7. Random loss of storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random loss of storage...: After the update i downloaded a 1.1 Gb program. My Free storage went from 398 to 355. Is their a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-loss-of-storage/3a6e8166-1dea-402b-ad17-b7b1f25b2fd2
  8. Phantom Storage loss?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phantom Storage loss?: So my computer is losing storage space for no reason, literally going down before my eyes. Two hours ago I was sitting here: [ATTACH] And now, two hours later im sitting here: [ATTACH] Apps and features has mysteriously grown, even though I have not installed a...
  9. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive: This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup). [ATTACH] As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my...
  10. Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning: Hi I've got W10 Home and a 256GB SSD in a Lenovo Yoga2Pro laptop. When I first got the machine, I repartitioned the SDD into C: 90GB (OS) and D: 132GB (Userdata) (plus a few necessary OEM/Recovery partitions (more) ). [img] The C: partition is becoming too small for...