Windows 10: Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

Discus and support Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just had windows 10 and hard drive storage upgrades. I use tags in photo properties and before the upgrades, tags would pop up and I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SBC FWG, Feb 21, 2020.

1. SBC FWG Win User

Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

I have just had windows 10 and hard drive storage upgrades. I use tags in photo properties and before the upgrades, tags would pop up and I could select one. Now, I have to add a tag separately to each photo. Where is the library of existing tags? They are still on the photos, but as noted, now have to be typed separately for each.

:)

SBC FWG, Feb 21, 2020

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Remon Ont, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

1. Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Loss tags Photos

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  4. Tagging people option in Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging people option in Photo App: I just purchased a new computer and just started to tag people from the over 270,000+ photos I have. Since I take a lot of photos there are certainly people I am not worried about tagging. Is there a way to ignore them so the app does not keep showing me these people? You...
  5. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags: Dear, In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc... It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures. As the info is stored in the file you can...
  7. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  8. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  9. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  10. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...