Windows 10: LOSS OF WEBCAM

Discus and support LOSS OF WEBCAM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After Windows update I lost my Camera completely. If I go to look at my camera a screen comes up and states that camera cannot be found. If I go to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesAinsworth2, Jun 10, 2020.

1. LOSS OF WEBCAM

After Windows update I lost my Camera completely. If I go to look at my camera a screen comes up and states that camera cannot be found. If I go to my settings - it states that all access to the camera is turned on and assumes I have a camera. Help please.

:)

JamesAinsworth2, Jun 10, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 10, 2020
  4. LOSS OF WEBCAM

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

LOSS OF WEBCAM

1. LOSS OF WEBCAM - Similar Threads - LOSS WEBCAM

2. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  3. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows data loss: I accidentally closed my PC while it was configuring Windows and now I can't open specific apps like Google Play or else the PC will crash. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-data-loss/fb8a3461-85e4-4b48-8b14-587a552bed8e
  4. Windows data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.: I'd a lifetime Trio Office on my Win11 64 bit HP PC. After recent Win updates it doesn't load. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it still doesn't load. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
  6. Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.

Loss of Trio Office on Win11 PC.: I'd a lifetime Trio Office on my Win11 64 bit HP PC. After recent Win updates it doesn't load. I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it still doesn't load. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....
  7. When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...: I have posted this in reply to a post about a user experiencing similar issues and who reported as at 10 April that this is an issue known to Microsoft. Here is how it affects me:On my PC start Windows 11 has no taskbar and not because it is on hide.If you bring your cursor...
  8. When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...

When will there be a fix for update 23H2 causing loss of toolbar and functioning including...: I have posted this in reply to a post about a user experiencing similar issues and who reported as at 10 April that this is an issue known to Microsoft. Here is how it affects me:On my PC start Windows 11 has no taskbar and not because it is on hide.If you bring your cursor...
  9. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  10. Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam/video: complete loss of device on one laptop and use on another after 2/2019 update: My dell laptop lost my webcam and my toshiba webcam does not work (says the microphone is messed up but, no picture). This could have occurred after the end of January update for Win 10 insider but, I did not attempt to use between now and then. My device driver on the Dell...