Windows 10: Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling

Discus and support Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a MS Surface Pro and in order to keep the usb port available for other things I use an MS bluetooth mouse rather than a wireless mouse. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDaltonSW19, May 28, 2019.

1. Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling

I have a MS Surface Pro and in order to keep the usb port available for other things I use an MS bluetooth mouse rather than a wireless mouse. This works perfectly on my home network. However but when I travel (either in the UK or abroad) and use my Surface Pro on a guest network in my hotel or rental the bluetooth mouse works but I lose wifi internet connectivity - in spite of the fact the wifi is shown as fully functional by the Surface Pro. It was only through much trial and error that I realised that switching off the mouse restored internet connectivity.

Can you explain why this happens?

:)

JDaltonSW19, May 28, 2019

2. MS Bluetooth ARC Mouse on Surface Pro 4

Hello Aidan,

We appreciate your interest in Microsoft products.

As you are facing issues with accessing the Bluetooth Arc mouse device on Surface Pro 4, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect setup settings on your device.

I suggest you to refer to the below articles try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting

Try the suggestion provided under: Mouse Troubleshooting

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2019
  3. MS Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

I have a Surface Pro docked to a 34" Dell Widescreen monitor. I have a MS Bluetooth keyboard and mouse I use. Up until the last few Windows upgrades I've had no problems. But now when I start to type a key I have to hit it 3-4 times before it connects.
    I've taken the Surface Pro and keyboard into the MS store and they've made sure the software and drivers are updated but the problem continues. I purchased a second MS keyboard and mouse for my fiance. I decided to try to use her's to see if it was a problem
    with just my devices but the same issue occurs with her keyboard. I've also replaced with new batteries but didn't help. The bluetooth mouse will lock up frequently and I have to wait 10 seconds or so before it comes back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PaulSiemik1, May 28, 2019
  4. Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling

Best codec pack for windows 8 on ms surface pro?

but vlc will work properly on ms surface pro? interface?

freebird_9924, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling

1. Loss of WiFi when using MS bluetooth mouse with MS Surface Pro when travelling - Similar Threads - Loss WiFi using

2. I have a MS Wedge mouse. It does suspends when am not using it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a MS Wedge mouse. It does suspends when am not using it?: I wanna know because it discharges fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-ms-wedge-mouse-it-does-suspends-when-am/17653c07-b260-46d6-872d-280c846d9f94
  3. I have a MS Wedge mouse. It does suspends when am not using it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a MS Wedge mouse. It does suspends when am not using it?: I wanna know because it discharges fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-ms-wedge-mouse-it-does-suspends-when-am/17653c07-b260-46d6-872d-280c846d9f94
  4. Loss of MS Programmes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of MS Programmes: Help! I did a reinstall of Win 10, and assumed that all of my Microsoft programmes would be protected as promised. It was not to be. I lost my version of MS Money Sunset as well as an older version of MS Office, which worked quite well for me. Of course, I also lost my...
  5. Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?: I have an HP750 and a MS Surface Pro 6, both with latest Windows 10, and I'm using two Logitech mice, M570 and M720, along with a unifying USB (from the 720) connected to the Surface. I'm also using Options between the two computers; and obviously, only can use the 720 for...
  6. Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with connecting Logitech M570 mouse with MS Surface Pro 6?: I have an HP750 and a MS Surface Pro 6, both with latest Windows 10, and I'm using two Logitech mice, M570 and M720, along with a unifying USB (from the 720) connected to the Surface. I'm also using Options between the two computers; and obviously, only can use the 720 for...
  7. Surface Pro 7 - MS Display Adapter

Surface Pro 7 - MS Display Adapter: Dear Community! TL;DR: Does the Surface Pro 7 support the MS Display Adapter? If so, anything specific I've got to take care of? On all the MS Display support pages I've found thus far, it does not mention the SP7, but I assume it to just be due to a lack of updating old...
  8. MS Keyboard & Mouse + Bluetooth Dongle?

MS Keyboard & Mouse + Bluetooth Dongle?: I bought an MS Sculpt Mouse a ergonomic keyboard they each came with their own Bluetooth Dongle. Is there a way to use only 1 dongle or can I some how use Bluetooth directly without any dongle? TIA Gary...
  9. Bluetooth and MS Mouse

Bluetooth and MS Mouse: Does anyone know how to connect my awesome asus bluetooth with my Microsoft wireless 4000 mouse, I lost the toggle for it and want to use my asus bluetooth. I do not have a connect button that I know of? So far I have bluetooth turned on with W10 and I have it listed in...
  10. Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account: Hi there as Ms people obviously read these excellent Forums -- please seriously sort out the Networking issues some of us (a lot actually) have with accessing shares on our LANS when using logged on with an Ms account. The networking seems to work fine when using a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro bluetooth mouse loc:US