Windows 10: lost 2nd monitor

Discus and support lost 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer must of crashed during the night, and now I cannot connect the second monitor, I have tried to detect it bit it has siad it is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StewartWoodruff, Aug 8, 2019.

1. lost 2nd monitor

My computer must of crashed during the night, and now I cannot connect the second monitor, I have tried to detect it bit it has siad it is unable to dectect it, Windows 10 , was fine yesterday tried rebooting computer, other screen is working but display is dectectuing it , any ideas , help suggested display adapter but dont know where to find the control, any help will be gratefully appreciated.

:)

StewartWoodruff, Aug 8, 2019
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Aug 8, 2019
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 8, 2019
  4. lost 2nd monitor

The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel

Original; Title: dual monitor problem

Have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7 my dual monitor set up worked perfectly but now both screens are identical (duplicated) with everything exactly the same on both. The 2nd monitor is not appearing in the control panel at all
    and any help to solve this would be appreciated.

I have disconnected the 2nd monitor and tried most things suggested on the forums but no change is the result.

stevesutcliffe, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

lost 2nd monitor

1. lost 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - lost 2nd monitor

2. 2nd monitor display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor display issue: I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate....
  3. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: with windows 10 , can,t setup second monitor w/hdmi cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/3e3c12e4-18e5-473a-a791-fc5bc512acbd
  4. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"
  5. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing: I'm on the latest Windows 10 version. At random times (normally after leaving the computer in sleep mode) my 2nd and 3rd monitors freeze up, resulting in static images of what's there. I can still (somewhat) do things on them, but they mostly remain frozen. For example, I...
  6. connect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    connect 2nd monitor: Windows identifies a second monitor but won't let me do anything with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-2nd-monitor/34365aac-14e3-4141-81c3-9a6ca74560ec
  7. windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again

windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again: So got up today turned on my pc and I had no 2nd monitor. All cables connected and not moved over night. The pc is detecting my Samsung tv but its no longer in the "monitor" section on my device manager. Its now in the "digital media devices" section. When I look in the...
  8. 2ND MONITOR

2ND MONITOR: Hi, I just purchased a brand new Dell 3G laptop and a Dell D3100 docking device. I am trying to synch my Samsung 42" tv with my laptop with extended screens. I have it set up and I can see my extended screens on both devices but my mouse won't cross over from my TV to my...
  9. 2nd Monitor clarity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Monitor clarity: On my Surface Book 2 I have added a 2nd monitor, and with many struggles have been able to make it work. But, the clarity is poor. I have selected the best resolution for the display. Does anyone have any solutions?...
  10. Using 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using 2nd monitor: Hi, Is it possible using extended display to show a movie on a 2nd monitor while using pc screen(as 1st monitor) for web surfing? I have tried selecting screen 1 or 2 as main display but no matter which screen I project movie on , as soon as I select internet from the...