Windows 10: lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them

Discus and support lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey, Umm I just lost 4 windows with 90 tabs on each of them can you help me restore it! I can't see them on the history page in the recently closed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Droyk, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Droyk Win User

lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them

Hey, Umm I just lost 4 windows with 90 tabs on each of them can you help me restore it! I can't see them on the history page in the recently closed section I mean I can see the individuals URLs but not the complete windows. Is there any way I can get all of them back as they were! please help! Usually, When I close edge they are in the history page in the recently closed section waiting there so I can restore them but today I can only see some 5 to 6 tabs & that's it! this happened after the updation process!

My edge Version is 86.0.622.63 (Official build) (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2OS build 19042.630

:)

Droyk, Nov 11, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Micki1020 Win User
    Microsoft Edge + Tabs

NOT HELPFUL.

All I want to do is ...

• click a link in an email
    • have it open in a new tab in Microsoft Edge (not an existing window)
    DARN WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD!

Micki1020, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Uri Cohen Win User

Microsoft Edge session (open tabs) lost following Windows update

Using Windows 10 I have installed a recent large update (probably Fall Update, v1511) which have created the C:\Windows.old directory and reinstalled parts of the core OS.

Anyway, my "Microsoft Edge" browsing session was lost and all recent tabs are no longer available. The official documentation says nothing about this, but I wonder if there is a way to recover them.

Specifically, I have found I still have many files under %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active which some forum questions suggested that deleting all the files there may clear the browsing session (the inverse of what I want), so I wonder if they can be used to recover it.

Uri Cohen, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them - Similar Threads - lost Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  4. lost windows and tabs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost windows and tabs: I might have 6 windows open on my laptop, each with 3 to 10 tabs open. Most of the time, 50/50, when I turn off and then later turn on, these windows come back to life. When they don't I can sometimes bring them back through using the browsing history function. My question...
  5. Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10: Why does the web content in the Microsoft Edge tabs look faded sometimes? If you face this issue, you may need to disable the Sleeping tabs in Edge. This can happen if you have not used or accessed that for a couple of hours – but I recently got to see the faded Edge tab a...
  6. Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 90 released

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline for Microsoft Edge version 90 released: We are pleased to announce the enterprise-ready release of the security baseline for Microsoft Edge, version 90! We have reviewed the new settings in Microsoft Edge version 90 and determined that there are no additional security settings that require enforcement. The...
  7. Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge: I was update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. Where are my tabs set aside tabs that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge? In my Favorites & Other favorites folder was empty. How do i get back my set aside tabs?[ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs: I'm using Microsoft Edge ver. 84.0.515.0 (Official build) canary (32-bit). The problem is, whenever I open more than one full tab, they'll start to shrink until I can barely see them. Even if it's just two open tabs. I didn't have this problem back when I first started...
  9. How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned?: I used the tutorial "Microsoft Edge Tabs - Pin and Unpin in Windows 10" - "How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10" and was able to pin my go-to websites. Yea! Just click and go directly to the web page. Alas....when I closed and re-opened Edge, they're...
  10. Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...