Windows 10: Lost 50% HDD capacity

Discus and support Lost 50% HDD capacity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have posted the following on the AOMEI forum. I have W10 with all updates. On a 1TB external USB attached HDD , not SSD, with two partitions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daniellouwrens, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Lost 50% HDD capacity

Hi, I have posted the following on the AOMEI forum. I have W10 with all updates.

On a 1TB external USB attached HDD , not SSD, with two partitions of 460+ GB, I wanted to merge the two partitions
    into one partition. So D: and G: into one x 1TB partition. I Used AOMEI merge partitions. There was data
    on drive G: only

It ran for a few hours but when it had had finished I had two x 232GB partions so lost 500 GB capaity
    on the drive.

This was done on my Laptop running on battery, I think the power may have run out part way through the process.

Is there some way I can recover my full drive capacity.

Any advise appreciated

Regards

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Dec 3, 2019

2. DC-50 capacity inconsistency

Hi,

Bought a DC-50 wireless charging battery last week.

If I leave me phone (Lumia 1020) on the desk from 8am to 5pm it loses approx 20% battery throughout the day. That equates to approx 400mAh.

If I leave my phone on my fully-charged DC-50 thoughout the day it reaches 5pm with 100% capacity but the DC-50 is completely flat.

I would have hoped the DC-50 to have discharged by 25% or at worst 50%.

Any explanation for this?

Thanks!

matthewleech---01, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Lost 50% HDD capacity

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Lost 50% HDD capacity

1. Lost 50% HDD capacity - Similar Threads - Lost 50% HDD

2. 1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat: I have a Windows 11 laptop with a 1Tb HDD secondary storage. I seem to be unable to access about 250Gb of this. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?"Disk Management" and "This PC" say: 122Gb free of 931GbWinDirStat as admin says: 582.8Gb used. 122Gb free of...
  3. 1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat: I have a Windows 11 laptop with a 1Tb HDD secondary storage. I seem to be unable to access about 250Gb of this. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?"Disk Management" and "This PC" say: 122Gb free of 931GbWinDirStat as admin says: 582.8Gb used. 122Gb free of...
  4. Disk capacity lost after Shrink Volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk capacity lost after Shrink Volume: Dear MS Community Members, My disk capacity disappeared 150GB after I shrink 150GB of space from my E: drive. Pls refer to the picture attached, in Computer Management, you can easily see the 150GB differences in the E: drive. The explorer also showed 433GB only. I...
  5. SSD/HDD Reduced capacity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD/HDD Reduced capacity: If you find your hard drive capacity reduced by an extra large amount try this solution. I had my ssd of 250gb showing 122gb used less than 2 days after purchasing my pc, but after applying this BAT script. it was down to 44.5 gb......well worth applying....
  6. Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Partitions on HDD with HDD regenerator: I am using a 2TB seagate Internal HDD DriveI used (HDD regenerator 2011) in boot media mode, and when i started the 'scan and repair' function , It worked fine for 6-7 hours, and repaired 13,301 bad sectors then out of sudden it stopped at "Device not ready", now my HDD was...
  7. Lost my hdd

Lost my hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...
  8. Lost hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost hdd: Hi all, kind of got a problem as my D drive seems to have disappeared. OS is on my SSD so laptop running as it should, however I have all my games installed on hdd and it seems to have vanished. When I open device manager it is only my ssd that is visible. When I open view...
  9. external HDD not showing true capacity

external HDD not showing true capacity: when win ten first came out i used a 1TB external HDD to create a recovery drive now with a new laptop i decided to reformat the drive but widows says it has only 32 GIG on it and dose not show any directories or anything? whats up*Sad 47817
  10. what is the max HDD capacity allowed in w10

in Windows 10 Support
    what is the max HDD capacity allowed in w10: what is the Max accessible hard drive IE 3x 2TB via USB or 4x 2TB just curious 54568