Windows 10: Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.

Discus and support Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am NOT a Techkie, have hard time executing suggestions provided by pros here, please bear with me: while trying to get rid of neccessary login with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LelePoli1, Jan 25, 2019.

1. LelePoli1 Win User

Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.

I am NOT a Techkie, have hard time executing suggestions provided by pros here, please bear with me: while trying to get rid of neccessary login with password which was working well till yesterday (this old PC with win 10 upgrade from win 8) i seem to have changed accounts settings controls and can't change anything back. When trying to sign into accounts controls settings i get the message in red that authentication and password is required to make changes but nowhere to do so.I tried to restore to earlier date and a window opens asking me if i want to allow this program to make changes to this PC but the only option is NO even though it asks for password there is nowhere to type and my screen under that window is all greyed out.

:)

LelePoli1, Jan 25, 2019

2. Administrator forgot password and/or is not working anymore, cannot login

Hi Paul,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to boot through Windows 10 recovery media, then open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt and try to login though Built in Administrator.

4. Change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.

Administrator login failure Windows 10

Hello Sandra,

We regret for the inconvenience.

From the description of the issue. I understand that the issue is related to user account corruption in Windows.

Now, most of the administrative tasks and troubleshooting steps will require admin access, so I suggest you to perform a System Restore and check if it helps to resolve the issue. follow the below steps.

Open Windows Recovery Environment by pressing on Shift while you click on Restart from the login screen. Now follow the below steps.

• Once you are able to access the Recovery Environment, perform a System Restore.

Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore
    • If prompted, click/tap on an administrator account you want to provide credentials for.
    • If this is your first time doing a System Restore, click/tap on Next.
    • If you had previously done a System Restore, select (dot) Choose a different restore point, and click/tap on
      Next.
    • Select a restore point that you would like to restore Windows back to.
    • Review what will be affected by using the selected restore point. When finished, click/tap on
      Close.
    • When you are ready to do a System Restore with a selected restore point, click/tap on
      Next.

Write to us with the updated status related to Windows performance issues, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.

1. Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date. - Similar Threads - Lost access Administrator

2. Restore to earlier date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore to earlier date: Downloaded a driver from driver support one so i could use my cd drive to rip cds to my sony mp3 player, now they want to charge $9.99 per month to do so, i did not enter any detsils...
  3. Restore to earlier date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore to earlier date: Downloaded a driver from driver support one so i could use my cd drive to rip cds to my sony mp3 player, now they want to charge $9.99 per month to do so, i did not enter any detsils...
  4. Administrative Access Lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Access Lost: Hello,So I was trying to enable a program on my account but got an error. "You do not have permissions."So I tried to clean up disk space as admin and received another error."Do you want to allow this program to make changes."It gave the option for 'no' but no options to...
  5. I Lost Administrator Access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost Administrator Access.: Sorry, but I am furious. I cannot do anything to fix this PC after the latest 10 update and I lost administrator access...I MY PC. I read all these ways to change my account back to administrator access and gee, you need administrator access. Way to go MS. I tried to...
  6. Restore computer to earlier date

Restore computer to earlier date: Somehow my outlook e-mail account settings pop.mail, etc got messed up, and I cannot receive/send e-mail from my desktop. Still works on I-PAD and I-Phone. I thought restoring the system to an earlier date might work to resolve this. However, when I go to the Control...
  7. Restore to earlier date

Restore to earlier date: Restore to earlier date windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-earlier-date/ebef6cf0-84e3-463c-9c5a-fadb3743758f
  8. how to restore to earlier date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to restore to earlier date: how to restore system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-to-earlier-date/300411b9-bff8-4d0e-870a-3ed40705d7d3
  9. Lost access to recovery option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to recovery option: The problem started when I found my Lenovo computer is locked by Bitlocker. I managed to unlock it but I lost access to computer recovery option. I cannot do anything outside CMD but I can navigate it. How can I restore Windows?...
  10. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost access to administrator