Windows 10: Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

Discus and support Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed I recently bought a new MSI Alpha 15 A3dd Last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sivaselvan, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed
    I recently bought a new MSI Alpha 15 A3dd

Last night I tried to change a property on an Turbo c++ , and the machine told me 'Access denied' and the Security pop-up was displayed.

After cancelling out of the pop-up, I was asked to restart the PC

After the PC rebooted, my C:\ drive displays 'Access Denied C:'

When clicking on C:\, the following message appears

"Location is not available

C:\ is not accessible

Access is denied"

When following Microsft Help's instruction to 'Take Ownership' of the file/folder. I receive

'Can't open access control editor. Access is denied'

Is there a way to regain access to the drive WITHOUT losing my old data that was transferred the PC it came from has since been re-imaged and sold

I thought I had purchased software support from Dell, but apparently it was only Hardware support.

Also, as I am still in the process of setting it up - I have not created a restore point yet.

So................I would like to regain my pre-installed windows 10 os.

:)

sivaselvan, Dec 30, 2020

2. I have Lost access to C:\ Drive. How can I regain the access?

Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed

Is there a way to regain access to the drive?
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is... e848040d-86ba-49d2-b64b-fe075abce7f7?upload=true.png

Md. Inzamul HaqueSazal, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Evans1 Win User
    access denied c: drive

ive switched off uac with command prompts but it made no difference the security tab of the c drive will not give me access to any of the tabs it just takes an age then comes up with the security warning " cant open access editor. access is denied".

Thanks

Evans1, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

Can't access to access control editor.Access is denied.

Hello I just by mistake lock my C drive so Can anybody please help me in security tab it always says that can't access to access control editor .Access is denied please help me.

AeroAkshat, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

1. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is... - Similar Threads - Lost access Drive

2. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  3. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  4. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  5. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  6. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

“ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  7. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied: My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried...
  8. Can't access to access control editor.Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access to access control editor.Access is denied.: Hello I just by mistake lock my C drive so Can anybody please help me in security tab it always says that can't access to access control editor .Access is denied please help me....
  9. Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.: Hello, i started having this problem since i messed up the ACL on my C: Hard Drive, (my windows is bootable and it's Windows 10 Home (1089) and Windows 8.1 (latest version) I put the all check box into the right option (Deny) after i did that, i started getting some errors...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open access control editor. access is denied

2. windows cant open access control editor

3. Cant open access control editor

4. lost access to c:\ drive. cant open