Windows 10: Lost Access to Computer/No PIN

Discus and support Lost Access to Computer/No PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I do not remember setting up a PIN. In the process of trying to reset or recover it, I was asked to enter a code from an old phone number I no longer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rick1783, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Rick1783 Win User

Lost Access to Computer/No PIN

I do not remember setting up a PIN. In the process of trying to reset or recover it, I was asked to enter a code from an old phone number I no longer have. So, I then changed my phone number, but now I don't have access to changing anything including my PIN number. It says I don't have access to that page now until March 28th and by proxy I don't have access to my computer for a month and that's not really an option for me right now. I've tried to follow all other guides but none seem to bear fruit. I'm going to try and call when phone lines were open but wanted to try here too. Thank you!

:)

Rick1783, Mar 1, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 1, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 1, 2021
  4. ROCKIEBOW Win User

SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost Access to Computer/No PIN - Similar Threads - Lost Access Computer

2. Lost ability to pin to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to pin to Quick Access: Hello,Today I lost all my Quick Access items: folders viewed in Home on Explorer no 'Quick Access section' and 'Recommended' is empty, if that's what it's called now and pinned folders in the navigation panel are gone and though programs pinned to the taskbar are still there,...
  3. Lost ability to pin to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost ability to pin to Quick Access: Hello,Today I lost all my Quick Access items: folders viewed in Home on Explorer no 'Quick Access section' and 'Recommended' is empty, if that's what it's called now and pinned folders in the navigation panel are gone and though programs pinned to the taskbar are still there,...
  4. lost quick access pins, can't create new ones MS365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost quick access pins, can't create new ones MS365: My quick access pins disappeared. Very important to me for my business. I can't create new ones. If I find the client folder I want to restore to quick access, it never shows up....
  5. lost quick access pins, can't create new ones MS365

lost quick access pins, can't create new ones MS365: My quick access pins disappeared. Very important to me for my business. I can't create new ones. If I find the client folder I want to restore to quick access, it never shows up....
  6. Entering Pin to access computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering Pin to access computer: Over the past 2 days it says there is a problem with my pin - when i try to change or set up pin Microsoft tells me there was a problem and could not set up. Causes problems every time I try to log onto my laptop....
  7. Entering Pin to access computer

Entering Pin to access computer: Over the past 2 days it says there is a problem with my pin - when i try to change or set up pin Microsoft tells me there was a problem and could not set up. Causes problems every time I try to log onto my laptop....
  8. Lost Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Pin: Hello, I've lost the pin on my laptop, there is no outlook account or key created for recovery can I just reset it. It has no data of value. It's a Pavilion DV5 with Windows10. Actually I changed the pin after resetting Windows to sell the laptop and it's not what I thought...
  9. Lost access to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to PC: Hi, I am trying to login to Microsoft account from PC and no success even with the pin I been using forever. I can enter in my Microsoft account using my laptop. I used the on-screen keyboard too, but the issue persists even after changing the password. I'll be trying...
  10. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"