Windows 10: Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

Discus and support Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Also, if this is a chipset issue, how many other enclosures out there have the same USB 3 chipset that will have the same issue for me? What is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Oct 10, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

Also, if this is a chipset issue, how many other enclosures out there have the same USB 3 chipset that will have the same issue for me? What is it about that chipset that isn't working with my Gigabyte motherboard? How do I know what to look for in an enclosure that doesn't use that same chipset that the Icy Dock is using? Is it a broad issue with the USB 3.0 implementation in these enclosures or is it more specific to the Icy Dock's firmware in particular? I don't think they have any idea themselves.

The Icy Docks don't list the chipset they use on their specs page like some manufacturers do.

rivre, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

1. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied" - Similar Threads - Lost access drive

2. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  3. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  4. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  5. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  6. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed I recently bought a new MSI Alpha 15 A3dd Last night I tried to change a property on an Turbo c++ , and the machine told me 'Access denied' and the Security pop-up was...
  8. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...