Windows 10: Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

Discus and support Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CribBR, Dec 5, 2021.

1. CribBR Win User

Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was happily granting the permissions to the folders and files under USERS when, accidentally, the external hard drive got disconnected from the pc. I got an error, connected the drive again but it was too late. When I clicked on USERS it said that the drive F: didn't exist then I got a BSOD. I've restarted the pc and accessed the old drive F: again, I can access USERS but instead of getting the original ACCESS DENIED message, now it opens USERS b

:)

CribBR, Dec 5, 2021

2. Unable to access folders in external hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the files and folders from external hard drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • How have you connected the hard drive to Windows 10 computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Is this issue specific only with the files and folders in the external drive?
    • Have you tried to access these files on different computer?

Reply to the post with required information and brief description about the issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Dec 5, 2021
  4. jpmcando Win User

Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

Unable to access folders in external hard drive

I'm trying to access folders on a external hard drive from a old xp computer to a windows 10 computer and it says i do not have permission to access the folders. Thanks for your help.

Original title: Storage

jpmcando, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting... - Similar Threads - Lost access folder

2. External drive not recognized after accidentally disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive not recognized after accidentally disconnect.: I have a Silicon Power A62 external drive and installed some programs in it. I was playing a game when I accidentally disconnected it and crashed the game. When I connected the drive back to my PC, it no longer shows up in the Devices and Drivers section, but the light is...
  3. External drive not recognized after accidentally disconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive not recognized after accidentally disconnect.: I have a Silicon Power A62 external drive and installed some programs in it. I was playing a game when I accidentally disconnected it and crashed the game. When I connected the drive back to my PC, it no longer shows up in the Devices and Drivers section, but the light is...
  4. External drive not recognized after accidentally disconnect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lost access to some folders in my old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost access to some folders in my old hard drive: About a year ago i changed the hard drive in my laptop for an SSD, i kept the old one because it had a lot of important data i wanted to keep, never formatted it. The problem came when today i tryed to access the "Ussers" folder to get some images, and it won't let me in, it...
  6. Lost access to some folders in my old hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to some folders in my old hard drive: About a year ago i changed the hard drive in my laptop for an SSD, i kept the old one because it had a lot of important data i wanted to keep, never formatted it. The problem came when today i tryed to access the "Ussers" folder to get some images, and it won't let me in, it...
  7. Lost access to some folders in my old hard drive

8. Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...: Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was happily granting the permissions to the folders and files under USERS when, accidentally, the external hard drive got...
  9. Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...

Lost access to folder. Old external drive accidentally disconnected while setting...: Hi there, I've attached an old hard drive to my pc and I've started a process for granting full control on folder USERS to my userid. Windows 10 was happily granting the permissions to the folders and files under USERS when, accidentally, the external hard drive got...
  10. Lost access to Seagate external usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost access to Seagate external usb drive: Went through my worst week ever with Windows since I built my 1st PC in the Win 3.11 days. For a week almost I was restoring and re-restoring various Win 10 Acronis tibs because my system kept locking up with the little circle spinning at start up or shut down...pretty much...