Windows 10: Lost access to Internet in very specific way

Discus and support Lost access to Internet in very specific way in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed an old Nvidia video card. Since having done that, if I leave the computer on idle for a while, then I will lose access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Akoustyk, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Lost access to Internet in very specific way

I recently installed an old Nvidia video card. Since having done that, if I leave the computer on idle for a while, then I will lose access to Internet.

But not all internet. I just realized, WhatsApp is still working fine. Windows thinks I have an internet connection, but I can't access any of the web in any we browser. So I thought it was maybe a port thing? I am medium savvy for tech stuff so I seem to recall port 80 was regular internet, and I checked cmd: netstat -ano, and didn't find anything using port 80 in that list.

Restarting my computer will definitely resolve the issue, but I'm just really hoping to have a way to reinitialize whatever it is that has turned itself off, or whatever it is. I tried disabling and re-enabling the network adapter, but that didn't work. That was before I realized WhatsApp still worked though.

Any ideas on how to solve this, or how to get internet back without restarting my PC?

Edit: as per usual, running network diagnostics didn't find any issue.

submitted by /u/Akoustyk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Akoustyk, Apr 20, 2020

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Runtime error while trying to access UHRS website on Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Hi Venkata,

As you are facing issues with accessing UHRS website on Internet Explorer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to access the website on different browser (Microsoft Edge)?
    • Is the issue confined to this specific website on Internet Explorer?

If the issue specific only to Internet Explorer, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 20, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Lost access to Internet in very specific way

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Lost access to Internet in very specific way

1. Lost access to Internet in very specific way - Similar Threads - Lost access Internet

2. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove internet access to a specific file: Well i want to remove internet access to a specific a .exe file, do you any way to do that or any kind of softwares ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-internet-access-to-a-specific-file/1d0299d3-b3ee-4739-a6ab-ebd9563c123b
  3. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove internet access to a specific file: Well i want to remove internet access to a specific a .exe file, do you any way to do that or any kind of softwares ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-internet-access-to-a-specific-file/1d0299d3-b3ee-4739-a6ab-ebd9563c123b
  4. How to remove internet access to a specific file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  6. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  7. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Very Specific Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Specific Help: Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this: Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop. I would really...
  9. dnscache errors, completely lost internet access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dnscache errors, completely lost internet access: I've now seen this happen now on at least 5 computers since we all started working from home due to corona virus. Some have been domain joined and some are not. We've tried connecting over Ethernet as well as WiFi without any success. Everything application s at a crawl or...
  10. Lost access, very strange problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access, very strange problems ?: Lost access, very strange problems ? Earlier today I connected up a storage drive to my PC to do some house keeping and clear out loads of unwanted and duplicated stuff. It's a mechanical drive and not a SSD. But ! Somewhere along the line I lost access to the folders...