Windows 10: Lost access to my parent account

Discus and support Lost access to my parent account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jacob McGee, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Lost access to my parent account

I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing certain webpages which is annoying. I spent an hour talking to another support tec and he gave me your link. Hope you can help. Thanks

:)

Jacob McGee, Jan 16, 2023

2. Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Jan 16, 2023
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    I can't use certain features on Forza Horizon 3 due to parental control.

Hi,

If you're using a child account, there are certain limitations imposed on your Xbox account. This could be the reasons as to why you can't access certain features on the game. To resolve this issue, you need to manage the privacy and online safety settings
    of your child account by using the parent account associated to it. To give you an idea, only the parent account is eligible to manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child account. To get started, kindly perform the following steps:

• Sign in the parent account on this link.
    • Select the Child account.
    • Make the changes that you need on the privacy and online safety settings.

Let us know with the result after performing the suggested solution above.

Ariel Acu, Jan 16, 2023
  4. mixa Win User

Lost access to my parent account

Blizzard sets a Parental Control over the WoW accounts

The new feature was added yesterday to the WoW account managment. With parental control you can manage when the account will be accessible. In my opinion this feature was added because of the recent law problems of Blizzard.
    Here is what Blizzard says about it :
    You can access the Parental Controls FAQ from here

Source WoW-Europe Website

Thema:

Lost access to my parent account

1. Lost access to my parent account - Similar Threads - Lost access parent

2. Need access to parent controls for kids account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need access to parent controls for kids account: I need to change parental control my child's account from my old Hotmail account to my new Outlook account. My hotmail account hacked and Microsoft removed my access to that account. now I have no way to review my child's account. How can I change their access without having...
  3. Need access to parent controls for kids account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need access to parent controls for kids account: I need to change parental control my child's account from my old Hotmail account to my new Outlook account. My hotmail account hacked and Microsoft removed my access to that account. now I have no way to review my child's account. How can I change their access without having...
  4. Need access to parent controls for kids account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost access to my GroupMe account groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to my GroupMe account groups: Hi -I have had a GroupMe account associated with my phone number for several years. Upon trying to open an attachment sent is a GroupMe chat, it opened up a browser and prompted me for username and password. I never had a password with my GroupMe account since I set it up in...
  6. Lost access to my parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  7. Lost access to my parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  8. no longer have access to parent account

no longer have access to parent account: Hi my account is locked as a child account and the only parent email is my parents old email in which has been closed and we are unable to reopen it is there any way to resolve this issue?...
  9. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed: Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW. However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also...
  10. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...