Windows 10: Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security...

Discus and support Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have a new PC and was trying to change my user name to shorten it. After I typed the shorter version I wanted to use, I suddenly lost access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RossellaCordone, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security...

Hello! I have a new PC and was trying to change my user name to shorten it. After I typed the shorter version I wanted to use, I suddenly lost access to Control Panel, Search box, and other Taskbar icons. Could anyone please help? Thank you VERY much. Rossella

:)

RossellaCordone, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security...

1. Lost access to my settings and am getting "No mapping between account names and security... - Similar Threads - Lost access settings

2. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  3. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  4. How to clear the error "No Mapping between account names and Security Id was done" on...

How to clear the error "No Mapping between account names and Security Id was done" on...: Recently I tried to install postgresql in my windows 11 laptop. I downloaded the capable version of postgresql according to my system configuration. But the error I am facing is "No Mapping between account names and Security Id was done".I added new user account and tried to...
  5. I am getting this error message in Windows: [No mapping between account names and security...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am getting this error message in Windows: [No mapping between account names and security...: Error in Windows: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. ::{26EE0068-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} I was reading this link:...
  6. I am getting this error message in Windows: [No mapping between account names and security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error message in Windows: [No mapping between account names and security...: Error in Windows: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. ::{26EE0068-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} I was reading this link:...
  7. I am getting this error message in Windows: [No mapping between account names and security...

8. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done

in Windows 10 News
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done: [ATTACH]If you have recently changed the username of your Windows user account and started getting an error message saying No mapping between account names and security IDs was done, this guide will be handy for you. You can fix that username changing issue on Windows 11/10...
  9. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error: Help, I was trying to make a file explorer shortcut to use for my Winstep Nexus dock. However, when I tried to create a shortcut on the dock and open it, it creates the error "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done." How do I fix this, and if there aren't...
  10. No mapping between Account names and security ID's was done

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No mapping between Account names and security ID's was done: I'm guessing you're here because you have an error popping up whenever you open a program that says "No mapping between Account Names and Security ID's was done" and you like me have searched across the web for a solution to bring your account and possibly entire PC back....