Windows 10: Lost access to parts of account

Discus and support Lost access to parts of account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I was trying to upgrade my laptop's SSD. Put the new drive in an enclosure, and the laptop would not recognize the new drive. Neither would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hutcha, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Hutcha Win User

Lost access to parts of account

Hello all. I was trying to upgrade my laptop's SSD. Put the new drive in an enclosure, and the laptop would not recognize the new drive. Neither would my desktop. In an effort to troubleshoot if it was the drive, or the enclosure, I put my laptop drive into the enclosure, and plugged it into my desktop. It worked, and I could see everything on the drive. When I reinstalled it into my laptop, I lost access to Mail, the store, the start menu and my task bar icons were gone.

I've been through all of the related help for the start menu and store problems. I was able to get the start menu back, but I still do not have access to mail or the store. I'm ready to reinstall Windows, but I don't want to lose all of my mail.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks

:)

Hutcha, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Lost access to account, what happens to contacts?

You can't back up those contacts. You would have had to export them from Outlook before leaving.

Entegy, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Lost access to parts of account

1. Lost access to parts of account - Similar Threads - Lost access parts

2. Lost access to my parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  3. Lost access to my parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to my parent account: I have lost access to my parent account which was apparently made the primary of my two accounts unintentionally. Unfortunately, I now only have access to the non-parent account. It's not been the biggest issue just at times I am told to ask for permission when accessing...
  4. Lost access to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to Microsoft account: A few days ago I received a notification that I was signed out of my one drive account. Once I tried to log back into my Microsoft account it says that there are no accounts associated with my email, would you like to get a new one. If I click on get a new one I then get a...
  5. lost access to family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost access to family member account: setup family account using generated password pasted in. clipboard refreshed before password was stored in password manager or used for login. unable to reset password as unable to provide enough information because account has never been used no old passwords, use of...
  6. Lost access to Microsoft Store account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost access to Microsoft Store account: Recently, an old computer I had broke. On that computer, there was a Microsoft account that had I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition with. Since I no longer have the computer, is it still possible for me to access my Microsoft Store account from another computer?...
  7. Lost parts of my app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost parts of my app: I have followed all steps to uninstall and reinstall and I am still missing all my downloaded puzzles, changeable backgrounds I now have 3 and the image of the picture to + and - . The ghost image is still there....
  8. Lost access to MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to MS Account: Hi! I have linked my Windows 10 with an Outlook account, which I have lost access to now, and I am unable to restore Because I didnt write down my security answers - Stupid choice Now I need access to the Microsoft store, but its linked up to the account, which I have...
  9. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  10. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...