Windows 10: Lost access to parts of account

Discus and support Lost access to parts of account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I was trying to upgrade my laptop's SSD. Put the new drive in an enclosure, and the laptop would not recognize the new drive. Neither would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hutcha, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Hutcha Win User

Lost access to parts of account

Hello all. I was trying to upgrade my laptop's SSD. Put the new drive in an enclosure, and the laptop would not recognize the new drive. Neither would my desktop. In an effort to troubleshoot if it was the drive, or the enclosure, I put my laptop drive into the enclosure, and plugged it into my desktop. It worked, and I could see everything on the drive. When I reinstalled it into my laptop, I lost access to Mail, the store, the start menu and my task bar icons were gone.

I've been through all of the related help for the start menu and store problems. I was able to get the start menu back, but I still do not have access to mail or the store. I'm ready to reinstall Windows, but I don't want to lose all of my mail.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks

:)

Hutcha, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Lost access to account, what happens to contacts?

You can't back up those contacts. You would have had to export them from Outlook before leaving.

Entegy, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Lost access to parts of account

1. Lost access to parts of account - Similar Threads - Lost access parts

2. lost microsoft email access means lost access to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost microsoft email access means lost access to my laptop: As Windows 10 recommends using a microsoft email account for login, I created a microsoft email account. I can no longer access that account and all attempts to recover access fail. This meant I was locked out of my laptop - very annoying since it is my property - not...
  3. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"
  4. administrator account lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....
  5. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  6. Lost Account profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Account profile: During an Windows 10 update there was a power failure. when the PC came back up it boots just fine and starts the primary user account. It seems to load but stops at a blank screen. The PC in the background appears to be functioning OK. Windows 10 was down loaded via the free...
  7. Accessing account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing account: the fingerprint scan option for one of my accounts is not being accepted. It tells me i need to set up a pin. But i can’t access anything to set up the pin. It also doesn’t accept the last password i used for a microsoft account login option. In addition, it won’t connect...
  8. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  9. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...
  10. Lost Access to Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Access to Settings: Used free upgrade to install Win 10 Pro 64bit to desktop computer. After successful installation, used Start button then Settings, to select Tablet Mode. After restart cannot access Settings from Start button or Action Center. How can I turn off Tablet Mode? 27037