Windows 10: Lost access to recovery option

Discus and support Lost access to recovery option in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem started when I found my Lenovo computer is locked by Bitlocker. I managed to unlock it but I lost access to computer recovery option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnAdelsman, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Lost access to recovery option

The problem started when I found my Lenovo computer is locked by Bitlocker. I managed to unlock it but I lost access to computer recovery option. I cannot do anything outside CMD but I can navigate it. How can I restore Windows?

:)

JohnAdelsman, Feb 1, 2019

2. Lost password and lost recovery option

Regarding this concern, we’d like to confirm also if you’ve already tried resetting your password. If you haven’t done it yet, click this link for
    the steps. Reset your password

In case that resetting of password will be unsuccessful, we suggest that you use theaccount recovery form as the
    last option to get you back and access your account. Recover your account

Andre for Directly, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Lost password and lost recovery option

Hello,

If you lost password and recovery option as well, there is no other method you can use to recover password unless you try attempts to remember it.

I suggest you to go ahead by creating new Microsoft account.

Regards.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Feb 1, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Lost access to recovery option

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Lost access to recovery option

1. Lost access to recovery option - Similar Threads - Lost access recovery

2. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  3. MS Account Lost Forever Because of Garbage Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account Lost Forever Because of Garbage Recovery Options: I had to factory reset my PC and I forgot my login info for my Microsoft account. The problem is that the recovery options don't work:OPTION 1: Use a phone number - the number on file is not my phone number but an unknown number I have never used OPTION 2: Use an alternate...
  4. MS Account Lost Forever Because of Garbage Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Account Lost Forever Because of Garbage Recovery Options: I had to factory reset my PC and I forgot my login info for my Microsoft account. The problem is that the recovery options don't work:OPTION 1: Use a phone number - the number on file is not my phone number but an unknown number I have never used OPTION 2: Use an alternate...
  5. Recovery Disk Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Disk Options: I am interested in knowing what a recovery disk does. Windows 10 requires a 8GB USB stick to create a recovery disk. Is this disk just for rebooting the system or does it also contain the applications I have installed on my laptop?...
  6. lost recovery key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    lost recovery key: I need recovery key for my bitlocker locked. so how can I unlock and get my documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recovery-key/d0b19c13-1fbb-4251-8f2e-7b4efd0f4931"
  7. Lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost recovery partition: I am trying to format a disk drive removed from a dead computer and use it as a back-up external drive. I was looking at some software from Disk Utility software from Paragon and had the external drive connected to my PC. While in the Paragon software, the screen went black...
  8. Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to Administrator login, no recovery to earlier date.: I am NOT a Techkie, have hard time executing suggestions provided by pros here, please bear with me: while trying to get rid of neccessary login with password which was working well till yesterday (this old PC with win 10 upgrade from win 8) i seem to have changed accounts...
  9. recovery of lost document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery of lost document: I had blocked my document to change the size of the text from 16 to 14. Still being unfamiliar with Windows 10, I was hunting for the right selection in the bar. I thought I found it and clicked. My entire text has vanished. PANIC. Hardly dare touch a thing. except I clicked...
  10. Lost file recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost file recovery: I use MS WORKS and have been working on my life history, I was up to 38 pages and yesterday after adding some changes, I saved it to a USB flash drive as I have each and everyday it also is on auto save evert 5 min. Today when I went to start back up again the popup window...