Windows 10: Lost Account profile

Discus and support Lost Account profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; During an Windows 10 update there was a power failure. when the PC came back up it boots just fine and starts the primary user account. It seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cabinnorth, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Lost Account profile

During an Windows 10 update there was a power failure. when the PC came back up it boots just fine and starts the primary user account. It seems to load but stops at a blank screen. The PC in the background appears to be functioning OK. Windows 10 was down loaded via the free upgrade. The is no reinstall media or a backup.

:)

Cabinnorth, Oct 26, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost Account profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 26, 2018
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Lost Account profile

Issues with the lost files in the account in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the lost files in the account. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “main one” is it local account or Microsoft account?

2. Did you make any changes in the account settings?

I suggest you to login to the account where the files are missing and then follow the below steps.

• Open the Run by Windows+ R and then Enter.
    • Press . ( the full stop button in the keyboard) and then Enter.
    • Check whether you could see the user profile files.
    Reply us with more information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Lost Account profile

1. Lost Account profile - Similar Threads - Lost Account profile

2. lost profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost profile: So I upgraded my Windows 10 to the 22H2 version, which worked but with a small side effect : it removed my profile, and my applications. Actually, I can only login the system via special method shift when pressing restart, then using Safe Mode to login as Administrator...
  3. lost profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost profile: So I upgraded my Windows 10 to the 22H2 version, which worked but with a small side effect : it removed my profile, and my applications. Actually, I can only login the system via special method shift when pressing restart, then using Safe Mode to login as Administrator...
  4. lost profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost profile after disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost profile after disconnecting school account: Hi everyone, I bought a PC last year and installed windows 10 education on it through my university. It was primarily connected to my university account and I also had my personal Microsoft account on it. I have since upgraded to windows 11, and a few months ago I switched to...
  6. Lost a profile account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost a profile account: Hello, my computer has 2 sign-in profile accounts, one is mine admin and one is my brother's. Yesterday, when I tried to shut down my computer, I encountered an issue: I couldn't shut down because the power button said "There are Currently No Power Options Available". Then I...
  7. Lost a profile account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost a profile account: Hello, my computer has 2 sign-in profile accounts, one is mine admin and one is my brother's. Yesterday, when I tried to shut down my computer, I encountered an issue: I couldn't shut down because the power button said "There are Currently No Power Options Available". Then I...
  8. Lost a profile account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. lost profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost profile: after the first of 2019 i found that i could no longer log into my user account. when i try, i get the "preparing Windows" message and then "We can't sign in to your account". I find that my entire user directory is now missing in the /users folder. I lost access to my...
  10. Lost Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Profile: HELP Booted computer today and it go to temp. profile to open? How do I get my profile back? All suggestions welcome *cry 33555