Windows 10: Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

Discus and support Lost activation key after reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, A few days ago when I turned my PC it went to a blue screen and I had an "Error code 0xc000001 - Recovery: Your PC Couldn't Start Properly" - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ValentinPaderov, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

Hi,
    A few days ago when I turned my PC it went to a blue screen and I had an "Error code 0xc000001 - Recovery: Your PC Couldn't Start Properly" - I have tried everything the internet offered to fix this problem but it didn't help and I had no choice but reinstalling the windows. After I reinstalled the windows, the windows was not activated because I don't have the key I tried to run the activation troubleshoot but I get an error 0x80070005 "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet" I'm connected to the internet. I have ASUS laptop n56vj, I have installed windows 10 pro if it helps.

How do I recover my activation key?

:)

ValentinPaderov, Apr 9, 2021
  2. ste2425 Win User

lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

Basiclly i came to reinstall windows, formatted my harddrive then when it came to activate i lost my oem key thing, it wasnt a sticker on my case but printed out and ive lost it. I no, noway of getting it back so i need an alternative os thats easy to use. Linux was way too hard for me. Things like updating flash player etc with windows you just doubble click the icon then next till its done, linux on the other hand was allot harder. So guys any advice?

ste2425, Apr 9, 2021
  3. lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

So Windows is already installed and refuses to activiate or are you not getting through the install because you don't have to key to put in the boxes?

If you were never prompted for a key, the key is embeded in the install disk. You can retrieve the key via the registry.

If the activation wizard is being bitchy as usual, it gives you the phone number you have to call. Call them up, explain your situation, and they'll give you what you need to make it go away.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

Lost Windows Activation Product Key

I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data...

Nimra Imam, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

1. Lost activation key after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Lost activation key

2. Activation key not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation key not working after reinstall: Hi. I has Windows 8.1 originally and then upgraded to win 10. It crashed recently and I somehow managed to reinstall win 10 using a disc. Now my Win activation key which I found from the hardware using powershell doesn't seem to be working, or at least that's what the error...
  3. Activation key not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation key not working after reinstall: Hi. I has Windows 8.1 originally and then upgraded to win 10. It crashed recently and I somehow managed to reinstall win 10 using a disc. Now my Win activation key which I found from the hardware using powershell doesn't seem to be working, or at least that's what the error...
  4. Activation key not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.: Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he got this windows from and have no way of contacting him to access the activation key he used. In the Activation section of the...
  6. Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my windows activation key & need to reinstall windows 10.: Decided to reinstall windows on my PC but can't find the activation key.My ex assembled a PC for me abot 4 years ago, I have no idea how and where he got this windows from and have no way of contacting him to access the activation key he used. In the Activation section of the...
  7. how can i recover my lost activation key after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i recover my lost activation key after reinstall: i recently reinstalled windows after buying a new cpu and thought that i didnt need to find the activation key because last time when i reinstalled windows, it activated using my microsoft account but when i tried to do it now it just didnt work. when i went to my microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Key After Reinstall.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Key After Reinstall.: I was having problems installing Windows 10 updates, so I tried doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I forgot to write down my product ID, before the re-install. Now, I'm stuck on a screen asking for my product ID. What can I do? I had originally, upgraded from Windows...
  9. Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls

Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls: My SSD was wonky, so I had to uninstall the OS from there after fresh installing it. I then reinstalled it to my HDD. However, I lost my digital activation license. How do I get it back?...
  10. Lost activation after reinstall

Lost activation after reinstall: After reinstlling Windows 10 Home edition I lost activation. My laptop came preinstalled with a geniune windows. What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-after-reinstall/2a824cac-77ee-4d4b-a4d7-d5bd51ae891a"