Windows 10: Lost activation key

Discus and support Lost activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently my hardrive crashed and I lost everything in it. By mistake a had not prepared recovery drive, and I don't have activation key stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by adnanmakda, May 9, 2020.

1. Lost activation key

Recently my hardrive crashed and I lost everything in it. By mistake a had not prepared recovery drive, and I don't have activation key stored somewhere.

Is there a way I can get my activation key using my Microsoft account.

Thank you.

:)

adnanmakda, May 9, 2020

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data...

Nimra Imam, May 9, 2020
  3. Lost Windows Key

Hi Saravanan,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To start Product Activation:

• Go to Start, then select Settings, choose
      Update & security, and then select Activation.
    • If your device is not activated, the Activate by phone option will be available.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 9, 2020
  4. Lost activation key

Lost Activation Key

A Product ID does not help.

There is no public list of Product Keys available.

And we have no product keys to give you.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If you have lost it, you have to buy another Windows 7 package if you want to stay with 7, which Microsoft no longer sells.

If OEM preinstalled (Dell, HP, etc.) license:

The COA sticker, which has the Product Key on it, is either on the underside of the Laptop or in the Battery Compartment.

With a Desktop it is either on the side, rear or top of the Computer Case.

Lost activation key ext?url=http%3a%2f%2fi.stack.imgur.com%2fgsPE6.gif

Product Key finder programs do NOT find a useable product key on OEM preinstalled operating systems (Dell, HP, etc.)

Key Finder Programs used on preinstalled Operating Systems only find the Manufacturer's Product Key which was used on multiple machines

Bill Smithers, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Lost activation key

1. Lost activation key - Similar Threads - Lost activation key

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  3. Lost email with Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost email with Activation Key: I purchased Windows 10 Home 64-bit . My Mac with Boot Camp crashed and I want to reinstall on new Mac not an M1 Mac but I can't find the email with the activation key. The Windows 10/11 Home link on the Order History page takes me to "We are sorry, the page you requested...
  4. Lost email with Activation Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost email with Activation Key: I purchased Windows 10 Home 64-bit . My Mac with Boot Camp crashed and I want to reinstall on new Mac not an M1 Mac but I can't find the email with the activation key. The Windows 10/11 Home link on the Order History page takes me to "We are sorry, the page you requested...
  5. Lost email with Activation Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2, I have lost product key and Windows no longer activated. I got original product key when purchasing this ASUS laptop about 4 years ago. Also have FLTMGR.SYS error and a host of other problems. Computer is a mess so can barely use...
  7. lost activation key

lost activation key: hello I wish you can help me I update my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro when the update was free , put after time I forced to go back to windows 7 I have hp envy laptop by hitting f11 to restore it can I go back to window 10 pro I didn't save the key when o...
  8. Lost activation key!

Lost activation key!: I threw away my activation key last year and now am installing faster RAM and Windows is asking for my activation key, which I no longer have. Can you buy a new key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-key/c1ffb953-d28b-4b22-a301-bd40c574f617
  9. Lost windows activation key, help

Lost windows activation key, help: Hello. Recently I have put together a new computer using previously bought parts and an older part I have salvaged. This older part is my family's old HDD that has windows 10 installed on it. Now that I have put everything together, I need the windows product key to activate...
  10. W7 Activation, Lost Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W7 Activation, Lost Key: I was running W10 Home upgraded (legally) over time from Vista. I then had a major system crash that destroyed my C:\drive. I've tried to restore W10 from the MS support site but no luck since I don't have a Key. On a clean C:\ drive I installed W7 from a disk but the key...