Windows 10: Lost activation

Discus and support Lost activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello i bought my self a win 10 pro retail key 2 years ago and i used it on my pc and it was doing fine until i changed my mother board and now i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rawankroos, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Lost activation

Hello i bought my self a win 10 pro retail key 2 years ago and i used it on my pc and it was doing fine until i changed my mother board and now i cant activate it and the product key is lost i cant find it anywhere , i remember connecting the key to my microsoft account but for some reason i cant find it now anyway is there anyway i can find the key that i used on my microsoft account in the past ?

btw i tried the i changed hardware on this device recently but its not working it just says the request is blocked and shows a very long error code

:)

rawankroos, Oct 24, 2020

2. Lost Windows Key

Hi Saravanan,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To start Product Activation:

• Go to Start, then select Settings, choose
      Update & security, and then select Activation.
    • If your device is not activated, the Activate by phone option will be available.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 24, 2020
  3. I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Lost activation

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Lost activation

1. Lost activation - Similar Threads - Lost activation

2. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  3. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  4. I can’t activate windows because I lost my product key ,how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t activate windows because I lost my product key ,how can I get it back?: Lost my product key and can’t activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-because-i-lost-my-product/6498b3a5-2e34-4da2-bde0-e579a73b3158
  5. I can’t activate windows because I lost my product key ,how can I get it back?

I can’t activate windows because I lost my product key ,how can I get it back?: Lost my product key and can’t activate windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-because-i-lost-my-product/6498b3a5-2e34-4da2-bde0-e579a73b3158
  6. I can’t activate windows because I lost my product key ,how can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  8. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  9. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Windows suddenly lost activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly lost activation: My new MSI laptop has suddenly lost activation I have been using it for 6 months and today - I saw a message on the bottom right of my screen "ACTIVATE WINDOWS - GO TO SETTINGS TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS" - I tried this and discovered that MS activation server is DOWN !!What is...