Windows 10: Lost activation

Discus and support Lost activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello i bought my self a win 10 pro retail key 2 years ago and i used it on my pc and it was doing fine until i changed my mother board and now i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rawankroos, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Lost activation

Hello i bought my self a win 10 pro retail key 2 years ago and i used it on my pc and it was doing fine until i changed my mother board and now i cant activate it and the product key is lost i cant find it anywhere , i remember connecting the key to my microsoft account but for some reason i cant find it now anyway is there anyway i can find the key that i used on my microsoft account in the past ?

btw i tried the i changed hardware on this device recently but its not working it just says the request is blocked and shows a very long error code

:)

rawankroos, Oct 24, 2020

2. Lost Windows Key

Hi Saravanan,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To start Product Activation:

• Go to Start, then select Settings, choose
      Update & security, and then select Activation.
    • If your device is not activated, the Activate by phone option will be available.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 24, 2020
  3. I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Lost activation

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Lost activation

1. Lost activation - Similar Threads - Lost activation

2. How to activate my original admin account which appears in the lock screen , I lost it due...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate my original admin account which appears in the lock screen , I lost it due...: Hiii!!! Around October if I'm not mistaken i upgraded my PC and I lost my original admin account. I created another admin account using the standard account with the help of Microsoft Community Forum. The original account which I lost apppears next to my new admin account in...
  3. Lost Windows 10 Pro Activation after OS Upgrade on an isolated system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Windows 10 Pro Activation after OS Upgrade on an isolated system: So we have a small, air-gapped Windows 10 deployment with a small number of Dell devices. We're upgrading them from 1809 to 2004, and all of them updated without any major issues other than one device which lost activation. In the past, I've had to do to the offline phone...
  4. Lost Windows 10 Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Windows 10 Activation Key: Hi, I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home product off of Amazon, complete in box. I didn't realize the activation key was on paper in the box and threw it all away. When I inserted the activation media, it prompted me with the watermark in the bottom right corner asking for...
  5. I NEED HELP! If I activate my windows, do I lost my archives??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I NEED HELP! If I activate my windows, do I lost my archives??: Hi, there's a problem with my PC (blue screen of death, my PC keeps dying every 20 minutes, I already checked my HD and my RAM and everything was ok) , so I think its a problem in the Windows files. So I thought I could solve it by activating my Windows (because I haven't...
  6. I replaced motherboard and lost Windows activation

I replaced motherboard and lost Windows activation: It was a motherboard and processor that I replaced. I tried to enter the product key and troubleshoot but it is useless. I get an error: 0xC004C003...
  7. I lost windows 10 activation key and my hard disk crushed

I lost windows 10 activation key and my hard disk crushed: Dear All, I bought a Thinkpad x260 from Europe, but I am living in Bangladesh. From Bangladesh, there is no way to contact technical support over the phone. My laptop's papers lost and only service tag no. I have. Recently my laptop's Hard Disk crushed. How can I retrieve...
  8. so recently i lost my activation key for windows the usb

so recently i lost my activation key for windows the usb: so recently i lost my activation key for windows the physical usb drive and i recently got a new pc but i need to activate my windows 10 on the new one how can i find my old product key?...
  9. Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s

Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s: After today's 2004 update June 23, 2020, my computer says "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC." This Win 10 Home is activated and genuine, and I do have the product key. I've been sitting here for almost two hours trying to fix this. 1....
  10. Lost my product ID and keys for Windows 10 activation after formatting the PC

Lost my product ID and keys for Windows 10 activation after formatting the PC: Troubleshooting failed. It says "cannot connect to organization". The PC was brought by other person, with Microsoft installed in it. I am sure the license was not transferred, and I have no idea how to activate Windows 10 on my PC. However, I have tried using "free" product...