Windows 10: Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz

Discus and support Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi Today i was trying to get rid of the login password to make easier my girlfriend's access to my pc. I don't know what in hell i clicked but a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by marcosdipaolo, May 24, 2016.

1. Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz

hi
    Today i was trying to get rid of the login password to make easier my girlfriend's access to my pc.
    I don't know what in hell i clicked but a computer nightmare began.
    I think It has to do with me managing the netplwiz settings.
    Suddenly i wasn't my computer's admin anymore and i was getting UAC prompts for everything, without being able to run any software. I don't know if i deleted my admin account or i just took away its admin privileges.
    Of course i couldn't run elevated CMD prompt or nothing like that.

Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz [​IMG]

As you see the "yes button" was greyed out. So i tried to take care of that and rebooted in safe mode and logged in as admin and only the first time it worked, i mean i could login as admin. I opened an elevated CMD prompt and typed:
    Code: net user administrator /active:yes[/quote] to enable the built in Admin account
    and
    Code: net user administrator password[/quote] to reset the admin account and make it empty.

Well, when i rebooted i find out that the built-in admin's password wasn't empty as i thought it would be i i have no idea about the password.
    No only that, if i try again booting in safe mode the admin option is now password protected and i don't know the password.
    I can only login with my microsoft account which doesn't have admin privileges.
    The only difference is that now windows gives me the chance to enter the password everytime i want to do something, a password i don't know.

Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz [​IMG]

I feel trapped and i totally lost control of my computer. I AM DESPERATE SINCE I NEED TO WORK.
    please someone help me.
    Running Win 10 Home x64

:)

marcosdipaolo, May 24, 2016

2. Lost admin access

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest that you perform the step mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Method 1: Change the account to admin.

• Click on the Start Menu,
      locate and click on “Settings” which is located on the left menu pane.

• Then click on “Accounts”, locate
      “Family and other Users” located on the left menu pane.

• On the navigation window, you will be able to view all the accounts that have been created in your computer. Click on the account that you choose to switch to administrator account.

• You will find the option to “Change Account Type”, click on it. Then you will find a drop down list where you can change the user account to admin. Make the changes to your liking and restart computer.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 24, 2016
  3. mrmaxbvi Win User
    Lost admin access

Hello.After upgrading to win10 i created one more account(guest)and now even my own account is not seen as owner or admin.so i can,t acces partition c(the single one)i can't run cmd as admin i cant install or download any program which can help gaining back
    permission i cant restore or whatever.Can you please give me a hand ?Sorry for any inconvenient

permission over hard disk windows 10- Original Title.

mrmaxbvi, May 24, 2016
  4. Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz

What a problem! :O
    You have these options:
    • Restore point:
    If you have any restore points, restore to it. Only programs and drivers and settings will be affected. This is if:
    • You have a restore point.
    • You can access this
    Otherwise, you can't do this option.
    • Reinstall Windows
    You'll need your Windows USB/DISK. Insert them and run the setup. When the option comes, choose "Upgrade this PC" (If the option was chosen automatically, and it didn't show up, then it automatically chose "Upgrade". Let the installer guide you through the rest. This is only if you have a installation cd/usb and you can access these.
    • Reset your PC
    This is an option that will remove all your files, all your documents, etc. You'll start off new. Insert your WIndows installation CD/USB and reinstall windows from scratch.
    • Contact Microsoft using Live Chat/By telephone
    This is probably the best option. You can chat with a Microsoft worker, and he'll help you solve your problem. Or you can call them by telephone/Google Hangouts/Skype/etc.All in all, I hope I helped and if I did you can give me a like. *Smile

AbAppletic, May 24, 2016
  5. So sorry for the bump, but I'm pretty sure this thread had at least 1 more post where I explained how i solved the issue.
    Was it deleted or banned?

marcosdipaolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz

1. Lost Admin access and totally lost control of my pc, in a hurry plz - Similar Threads - Lost Admin access

2. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  3. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  4. i'm totally lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    i'm totally lost: hello dear MS customer services ........ my windows got a big problem and i had to reset it as well now i am login as an Administrator and there's many things i can't open , can't add my MS account and for sorry when i reset it i didn't make any backup for the windows or the...
  5. I accidentally lost admin access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally lost admin access: I accidentally demote myself to standard account on windows 10 . And created a new admin account but I can't sign in to my new admin account whenever I tried to log into it , it shows "you need to install an app for this task " and when i click on yes it bring me to the login...
  6. Lost access to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost access to PC: Hi, I am trying to login to Microsoft account from PC and no success even with the pin I been using forever. I can enter in my Microsoft account using my laptop. I used the on-screen keyboard too, but the issue persists even after changing the password. I'll be trying...
  7. lost admin access to c:\ drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin access to c:\ drive: Hi, recently i somehow accidentally deleted every group/user except for me on my c:\ drive. Now i cant open anything relating to the c:\ drive as administrator or reset my pc from control panel. Also i cannot open uca at all....
  8. Lost access to my Admin Account

Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  9. Lost admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin: I remove my admin of mistake when I was removing my login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin/65abe316-2542-4752-8529-27edff63afa7
  10. Lost access to my PC

Lost access to my PC: I lost access to my computer because it requires me to set up a new PIN since “my PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings”. I can’t get in so I am locked out. Help me, please.......