Windows 10: Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

Discus and support Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This it's my Fiancé's laptop and not mine, so I'm going off of what info I've been able to get online & the sparing info from him himself to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blunt42force0, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

This it's my Fiancé's laptop and not mine, so I'm going off of what info I've been able to get online & the sparing info from him himself to be able to get some further advice about what to do here. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place, just trying to take everything into account and find the simplest but best course of action to fix this for him

-3 days ago all of his files got wiped, everything shut down and booted down the PC and then when restarted it took him to the blue Recovery menu options. He's been stuck in Recovery loop since it happened so not going to go through all the individual advanced recovery options it suggests because all of it has not helped what so ever. Only things that has helped get me this far and close to hopefully fixing it has been CMD. He thought maybe something in the settings got messed with and tried going through the ​

net user administrator /active: yes

-nothing.

-Ran

chkdsk <driveletter>

-Came back with errors but were not fixed and told to fix by running /f to fix. so we did, and nothing. Idr what else we all tried but it has prompted us that disc couldn't be locked because it was write protected, another way it told us that System Protectionhad to be enabled on :C/ but all ways to go about trying to do what it wants it will not allow me because a lot of commands that should be commands, its telling me are not recognized internal or external... After a few hours researching what I could try...

net start vss > rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active

-I chose what should have been a good recovery partition to go from but error 0x80070002 popped up.

-This is when I decided I was going to try and Boot the pc using a USB with windows installation media on it and while trying to find out what Windows version the PC has through CMD:

systeminfo findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"

findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"

winver

slmgr /xpr

systeminfo

-All giving me the same results of:

"...is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

-So I decided to try and find out what account this thing is stuck on and ran net user, this is what I got:

Administrator DefaultAccount Guest

WDAGUtilityAccount

"The command completed with one or more errors"

-WDAGUtilityAccount being the only known account, I went ahead and created a new local user account:

net user name password /ADD

-Once created, I added the account to the admin group:

net localgroup administrators name /add

-I was hoping this would then allow me to get some of the system info and allow me to uninstall a Windows Update that has been known to move users files into a different temp account or actually deletes them. But still, commands like:

systeminfo

findstr

winver

slmgr

systemreset

all tell me that they are not commands in the system. Which is why I'm thinking reinstalling Windows onto his laptop through installation media USB is my only other option.

-Currently waiting for Windows 10 to fully download onto the USB, but figured id get input and see if maybe someone had a similar experience and was able to fix it by something I haven't tried yet and would be easier than waiting forever for Windows to download onto this drive... This is where I'm currently at in the CMD:

X:\windows\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

X:\windows\system32>wusa /uninstall /kb:4532693 /quiet /forcestart

'wusa' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

X:/\windows\system32>wmic qfe list brief /format:table

Description FixComments HotFixID InstallDate InstalledBy InstalledOn Name ServicePackInEffect S

Security Update KB4497727 4/1/2019

Update KB4517245 NT Authority\System 11/29/2019

Security Update KB4524569 NT Authority\System 11/29/2019

Security Update KB4541338 NT Authority\System 5/23/2020

Security Update KB4551762 NT Authority\System 5/23/2020

X:\windows\system32> @Echo off

wusa /uninstall /kb:4532693 /quiet /norestart

end

'wusa' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

:)

Blunt42force0, Oct 16, 2020

2. File Lost!!

Its just that the screen is missleading, it says "Recoverying WINDOWs files and Settings" so that what I took it to be doing.

AphexDreamer, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Melvis Win User

Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

1. Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery. - Similar Threads - Lost admin acct

2. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  3. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  4. Lost Admin permissions to only user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin permissions to only user: I made a mistake that I am most certainly not proud of. Without paying much attention which is why you maybe shouldn't do things like this late at night... I change my account to only be a part of the User group, thus losing Admin privileges. Considering this is the only user...
  5. Lost Deleted files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Deleted files.: Hello All, I just deleted some files from a thumbdrive while viewing them in the file cabinet ( Or This PC if you prefer) and I'm trying to recover them. I'm not seeing them in the recycling bin. Is there a reason for this ? Thank you, Oscar. 150290
  6. Lost access to recovery option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost access to recovery option: The problem started when I found my Lenovo computer is locked by Bitlocker. I managed to unlock it but I lost access to computer recovery option. I cannot do anything outside CMD but I can navigate it. How can I restore Windows?...
  7. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  8. Lost file recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost file recovery: I use MS WORKS and have been working on my life history, I was up to 38 pages and yesterday after adding some changes, I saved it to a USB flash drive as I have each and everyday it also is on auto save evert 5 min. Today when I went to start back up again the popup window...
  9. Lost Windows 10 Admin access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Windows 10 Admin access: Hello there. I have migrated my data to an SSD from HDD with Intel picture copy software. I had and HDD Gateway DX4860 before and now I am on HP Pavilion 550-126. The new computer comes with HDD, but I have switched to the SSD. Everything was working fine until I have start...
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...