Windows 10: Lost Admin password, how to reset

Discus and support Lost Admin password, how to reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SweetTasha, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Lost Admin password, how to reset

I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've ever actually logged in as ADMIN. It's been a couple years agao that installed Windows on this computer and I don't remember setting up the ADMIN account. It may have already been defined as part of the installation, which I did not do. Perhaps there is a default passwrod set up initially?TIA for you help.SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 10, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 10, 2021
  3. flashh4 Win User
    Reset lost Admin Password

Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !!

Help her out guys with any suggestions ??
    Thanks
    Chuck

flashh4, Dec 10, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Lost Admin password, how to reset

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

Lost Admin password, how to reset

1. Lost Admin password, how to reset - Similar Threads - Lost Admin password

2. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  3. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  4. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  5. Lost Admin password, how to reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin password, how to reset: I am defined as an administrator, but not THE administrator the username of THE administrator is ADMIN. I need to make a change that requires administrator priviliges and "Run as adminitrator" doesn't work. Is there a was to reset the password of ADMIN? I don't think I've...
  6. PC Admin password lost. How to reset?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Admin password lost. How to reset?: I cannot remember, or have had my PC Admin password changed by mistake in getting my Mucrosoft Account or Office license registered. Can I reset my PC admin password through my MS Account?...
  7. How to reset admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset admin password: My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my PC he gave himself an account with admin permissions while he gave me a guest account since at the time I was a little kid, I...
  8. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost admin password: I have lost the admin password, fortunately as a user I have admin rights to this computer. I didn't create or have lost the password disk when I installed Windows 10. How do I either delete the other Admin account of change the password for it? Thank you. rk...
  9. admin password lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    admin password lost: i've lost my admin passowrd and can't get in as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/admin-password-lost/e79664dd-3a2d-4aee-9b63-f8a5336031f9
  10. Reset lost Admin Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset lost Admin Password: Got this message from my niece & thought i would help her with you guys knowledge of fixing her problem !! When we got our computer my husband made 2 user accounts. One was an admin and the other was not. I have been using the other account just because that is where I...