Windows 10: Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

Discus and support Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by velvetsunshine, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works.

Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device', it says to continue enter admin account and username, however there is no where to enter this and there's no yes box, just a no box. So basically anything that needs an admin, I can't do, that includes doing a system restore, entering cmd in admin, and anything else.

Furthermore to this, I have tried to enable the built-in admin account through safe mode, this however requires a password, I have tried a host of password combos and even leaving it blank and not entering nothing, but it always says password is incorrect. I thought the builtin/hidden admin account did not have a password, however mine somehow does so I am completely lost on what to do!!

So frustrating.

:)

velvetsunshine, Oct 17, 2018

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Oct 18, 2018
  3. brycez28 Win User
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Oct 18, 2018
  4. NinkobEi Win User

Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

1. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account. - Similar Threads - Lost admin privileges

2. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  3. Create Admin account without Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Admin account without Admin privileges: I purchased a laptop from my high school because i need it for homework at home as a personal computer but i cant do much with the laptop because i dont have access to the administrator account, i checked and there is no administrator account on it, it hasnt been disabled...
  4. Lost admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost admin privileges: I was downloading a game when i accidentally turned my computer off. I turned it back on and i had lost my admin privileges. I've tried making a new admin account which doesn't work for some reason. Does anyone know what i should do? submitted by /u/PeepMcChicky [link]...
  5. Admin account with reduced privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account with reduced privileges: Hi, Is it possible to have an admin account where the admin cannot remove another admin and cannot add or remove accounts? This is for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-with-reduced-privileges/122f7149-67b6-44b7-bd98-3fc7c126fa88
  6. admin privileges to my windows account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges to my windows account: I have an old laptop that has windows 10 on, I would like to add admin privileges to my winows 10 account. my question is how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-privileges-to-my-windows-account/ab65f857-f0bf-4d89-adc9-1bf814537d49"
  7. lost admin privileges?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost admin privileges?: Good evening., I don't know why I lost admin privlages, but I cant get on task manager, I cant download, I cant "run as administrator, although I am signed in on an administrator account, which I had just set up a new one and signed out of the old one because of the issue I...
  8. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  9. Cannot access admin privileges

Cannot access admin privileges: Tried to install a game for my kid. Realized quickly that I needed admin privileges to do so. Win 10 Home will not let me be admin, no matter what I try. I have scoured the web for hours looking for tips - so far they all fail. Some things I've tried (that failed): 1....
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter administrater name