Windows 10: Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I'm not really sure how or why, but somewhere along the line, I lost admin privileges to my PC, on my own account. Given that I'm the only one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ulseaphi, May 8, 2021.

1. ulseaphi Win User

Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10

Hi. I'm not really sure how or why, but somewhere along the line, I lost admin privileges to my PC, on my own account. Given that I'm the only one that uses this PC, the only other account that exists is the encrypted "defaultuser0" account, which I don't have access to. Each time I try installing a program or do any task that requires admin privileges, a password prompt appears, requesting the password for the aforementioned defaultuser0 account to complete the administrative task. I've managed to get by for a while, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to get things done, and I really ha

:)

ulseaphi, May 8, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, May 8, 2021
  3. tdburch01 Win User
    Administrative Privileges lost on my Windows 10 pc

I returned from a business trip and I have lost all administrative privileges to my windows 10 p

Not sure if it was hacked or the kids did it but all administrative privileges have been lost none the less.

Step one, I reviewed all the information online on windows 8 and windows 10 similar situations.

I tried them all, I have zero privileges to do any of them. I can not create a new account to add admin privileges to.

I can not enable a hidden admin account to work with. I can not use command prompt to do anything related to admin privileges.

I'm basically locked out of all programs dealing with administrative privileges. A app recently failed, and I had to download it again unfortunately, can download it without administrative privileges.

Step two, accept that I can not do this alone and reach out to the community for help.

tdburch01, May 8, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

lost admin privileges?

The PowerShell line doesn't work for me, either with Admin or without. Gives this error:
    Attachment 242457

Berton, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost Admin Privileges on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Admin Privileges

2. Lost admin privileges Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges Windows 10: Split from this thread.Hi sir! I have a laptop with windows 10 home version installed in it. I created a second user account with administrator privilages on it and then after using it for few days I removed the account from actual default user account / the administrator...
  3. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  4. Windows 10 Admin Privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Admin Privilege: Alright, so I just reset my windows 10 on my computer. The whole reason why I reset my computer was to actually have admin privileges that actually worked. Before I even reset my computer I was listed as an admin. Turns out that wasn't true at all. I don't know what I am...
  5. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges: So I recently transferred windows over to a new m.2 drive which I got got Christmas. But when I was trying to make the account passwordsless, I used the command netplwiz to make it passwordless because that's what I found online, but while doing that I decided to change the...
  6. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin privileges: so i want admin privileges so i can unblock websites but for some reason i cant access accounts, gaming, apps, update and sercuity, personalization, and when i do a admin app it says enter admin user and password i reset my computer but nothing helped and i cantt access...
  7. Lost admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost admin privileges: I was downloading a game when i accidentally turned my computer off. I turned it back on and i had lost my admin privileges. I've tried making a new admin account which doesn't work for some reason. Does anyone know what i should do? submitted by /u/PeepMcChicky [link]...
  8. lost admin privileges?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost admin privileges?: Good evening., I don't know why I lost admin privlages, but I cant get on task manager, I cant download, I cant "run as administrator, although I am signed in on an administrator account, which I had just set up a new one and signed out of the old one because of the issue I...
  9. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...