Windows 10: lost admin privileges?

Discus and support lost admin privileges? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good evening., I don't know why I lost admin privlages, but I cant get on task manager, I cant download, I cant "run as administrator, although I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by frusterated, Aug 6, 2019.

1. lost admin privileges?

Good evening.,
    I don't know why I lost admin privlages, but I cant get on task manager, I cant download, I cant "run as administrator, although I am signed in on an administrator account, which I had just set up a new one and signed out of the old one because of the issue I am having.
    I tried system restore, that finally worked, but i still cant even use cc cleaner, or tweaking.com, nor task manager, I cant open an elevated command prompt, I have tried several things and I am at a stand still and cant do anything about it. I am confused please help.
    thank you so much
    *Banghead

:)

frusterated, Aug 6, 2019
  2. DAC
    DaC Win User

Virtual Machine on a flash Drive without admin privileges

so... no go for vpc without admin privileges ?

3. Virtual Machine on a flash Drive without admin privileges

you get admin privileges, or you don't run VPC.

Chris

aximbigfan, Aug 6, 2019
  4. ad5md Win User

lost admin privileges?

Need help with Admin privileges

That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

lost admin privileges?

1. lost admin privileges? - Similar Threads - lost admin privileges

2. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  3. Cannot access admin privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access admin privileges: Tried to install a game for my kid. Realized quickly that I needed admin privileges to do so. Win 10 Home will not let me be admin, no matter what I try. I have scoured the web for hours looking for tips - so far they all fail. Some things I've tried (that failed): 1....
  4. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  5. Administrator privilege lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privilege lost: After 5 years as owner/single user of my W10 desktop, now I cannot access Device Manager. I get "This app has been blocked for your protection". Could a recent update have caused this? How can I reclaim my administrator's privileges?...
  6. Multiple admin accounts privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple admin accounts privileges: Hi, Can i have 2 admin accounts in windows 10 and win server 2016 where i can develop the following scenario 1. The admins cannot change the password of each other's. 2. The admins can only view their own folders? Is their a doc illustrating this? Thanks....
  7. lost all windows privilege

lost all windows privilege: i'm not at my home right now, nor i will be for the next 8h, but i remember getting access denied al night long..traying to remove permissions and claiming my drives..
  8. Need help with Admin privileges

Need help with Admin privileges: I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired...
  9. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...
  10. Set Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Admin Privileges: How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ? I am the only user here. Thanks, rs 13816