Windows 10: Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus

Discus and support Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So after installing an app, I have spammed the next button and accidentally downloaded McAFee. I tried to uninstall it and disable the services, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Costin88Boss, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus

So after installing an app, I have spammed the next button and accidentally downloaded McAFee. I tried to uninstall it and disable the services, the problem was I could not remove the antivirus folder from my program files, so I had to browse online a command prompt command to get "admin" access to remove it.

Now, some days later today, I have noticed I have no administrator privileges, I can run apps as admin, but can't access control panel. I can also access the task manager.

Now I don't know, is there a way to reacquire administrator privileges? I am the only user "Costin" on my pc, and could open Control Panel before.

I don't want to risk again, so I am asking here rather than searching online I did not even get perfect results.

:)

Costin88Boss, Nov 5, 2020

2. QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Nov 5, 2020
  3. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Matt18 Win User

Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus

1. Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus - Similar Threads - Lost Admin rights

2. lost admin rights after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin rights after reset: i am the admin of this windows 11 pc i reset the pc and although it says i am admin it doesnt give me my admin right like turning off anti v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights-after-reset/d0e30102-a96b-41cf-b848-460a9cf792e4
  3. lost admin rights after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin rights after reset: i am the admin of this windows 11 pc i reset the pc and although it says i am admin it doesnt give me my admin right like turning off anti v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights-after-reset/d0e30102-a96b-41cf-b848-460a9cf792e4
  4. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  5. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  7. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  8. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  9. I accidentally downloaded an "Antivirus"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally downloaded an "Antivirus": [ATTACH] I accidentally downloaded an "antivirus" when downloading some software for uni whenever i try to delete it i get this message. https://preview.redd.it/ozn4tzidtzp41.png?width=445&format=png&auto=webp&s=b4dfe18db818970eaa2f246c13c353aa81d8ae14 I get this for...
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...