Windows 10: Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one

Discus and support Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello guys, Please help me find a way to solve my problem. Yesterday when I first set up Win10 I have created a windows account with my email. Soon... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IoanCosmin, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one

Hello guys,

Please help me find a way to solve my problem. Yesterday when I first set up Win10 I have created a windows account with my email. Soon after I have realized that my C:\Users\... folder was messed up, it was a shorter version of my email so I decided to swith to a local account instead and to my huge surprise I have love every right to change anything. I have tried every solution I have found on the internet. I am able to boot in save mode but the cmd doesn't point to the system32 so I cannot execute NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /ACTIVE:YES.

I spent hours and I couldn't fix it, I even switched back to the win10 account and I still do not have any rights to make changes. I can't even make changes in control panel in safe mode. It's getting frustrating and after the update the solutions on the other forums do not even make sence anymore.

I just want a local acount with my right name and administrator rights. Please help!

:)

IoanCosmin, Nov 17, 2016

2. how to reset a user account on Win 10

How does one go about resetting a local user account on a win 10 system? I have admin rights.

PhillyPhil1, Nov 17, 2016
  3. 007_UKR Win User
    Question on Windows 10 and Password when upgraded to WIndows 10

If a Win 8 account has lost it's admin password, and thus no admin rights, can the machine be upgraded to Win 10 creating a new admin password that can be established?

007_UKR, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one

Welcome to the forum. Can you login with ms account if you can you need to add the local account to admins so it's an admin account

Samuria, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Thank you Samuria. I already tried to do that. I have logged int with the ms account but I longer have admin privileges. (???) I cannot run anything as admin and I cannot make any changes in control panel.

IoanCosmin, Nov 17, 2016
  6. Thank you Michielsen! Are you sure I should mess with registry? I tried to stay away from that option.
    Is it safe?

IoanCosmin, Nov 20, 2016
  7. Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one

That way allows you to enable the hidden & built-in administrator account. After logging in as administrator, you can change your own local account to administrator.

michielsen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one

1. Lost Admin rights after switching from Win 10 account to local one - Similar Threads - Lost Admin rights

2. lost admin rights after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin rights after reset: i am the admin of this windows 11 pc i reset the pc and although it says i am admin it doesnt give me my admin right like turning off anti v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights-after-reset/d0e30102-a96b-41cf-b848-460a9cf792e4
  3. lost admin rights after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin rights after reset: i am the admin of this windows 11 pc i reset the pc and although it says i am admin it doesnt give me my admin right like turning off anti v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights-after-reset/d0e30102-a96b-41cf-b848-460a9cf792e4
  4. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  5. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  6. remove local admin rights from my msn account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove local admin rights from my msn account: My msn account has local admin rights on my laptop and I want to keep the account but remove the local admin rights. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-local-admin-rights-from-my-msn-account/60e263fb-3c17-4173-9367-103281aba9a3
  7. Switching or converting from a local admin account to a Microsoft business account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching or converting from a local admin account to a Microsoft business account: Hello, I just started working at this company. They are currently in the process of upgrading all their computers from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The computers that are already upgraded are mostly using a Local Account which is also an administrator. These need to be...
  8. Lost admin rights on my account

Lost admin rights on my account: Windows has created a duplicate account for same username without admin rights. Now every time I login it login with that account so I cannot access my original admin account. BitLocker is enabled on my laptop so I cannot reset Administrator account using safe mode. I can...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost admin privilages after switching to a local account