Windows 10: lost admin rights and do not have password

Discus and support lost admin rights and do not have password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i purchased a computer windows 10, when i got home i realized the admin was still logged in so to make things "better" i deleted admin but little did i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eve1&., Feb 4, 2020.

1. Eve1&. Win User

lost admin rights and do not have password

i purchased a computer windows 10, when i got home i realized the admin was still logged in so to make things "better" i deleted admin but little did i know i had made everything worse! now i have no admin rights to anything and completely lost all my images and downloaded items like Photoshop etc.. so ive been browsing through all these post and they all say the same thing to restore but i stay stuck on the same page. "administrator password" I DO NOT KNOW IT . please can anybody help me. if there is no way possible would it be safe to just wipe out all the computer? i am just worried when i do so it will ask me for admin password and i am going to be screwed with absolute no way to use my computer . in the standard profile i am in i do not have the option of using Family & other useres to make ANY CHANGES. not even command prompt works.

:)

Eve1&., Feb 4, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 4, 2020
  3. lost admin password

Here you go:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

net users

(to see a list of all user accounts)

net user "John Doe" 12345678

(to set John's password to 12345678)
    Deleting the "other admin account" would be equivalent to throwing away your spare house key. Why would you want to do this?

Frederik Long, Feb 4, 2020
  4. rkryger Win User

lost admin password

I have lost the admin password, fortunately as a user I have admin rights to this computer. I didn't create or have lost the password disk when I installed Windows 10. How do I either delete the other Admin account of change the password for it? Thank
    you. rk

rkryger, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. lost admin rights and do not have password - Similar Threads - lost admin rights

2. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  3. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  4. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  5. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  7. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  8. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  9. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost admin password: I have lost the admin password, fortunately as a user I have admin rights to this computer. I didn't create or have lost the password disk when I installed Windows 10. How do I either delete the other Admin account of change the password for it? Thank you. rk...
  10. admin password lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    admin password lost: i've lost my admin passowrd and can't get in as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/admin-password-lost/e79664dd-3a2d-4aee-9b63-f8a5336031f9