Windows 10: Lost admin rights to a random windows account

Discus and support Lost admin rights to a random windows account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello,So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges to a random account that mysteriously appeared. The new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bellms, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Bellms Win User

Lost admin rights to a random windows account

Hello,So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges to a random account that mysteriously appeared. The new random account has a password which I don`t know I tried guessing a few and also tried no password and it doesnt work. Basically I can´t do anything beside use things I already have installed. I did try going to safe mode but it won´t let me before I pick an account, and I can only pick my own without admin rights. I also can´t use cmd or any command in it. I googled for days and only find few similar cases of ppl describing it happend to the

:)

Bellms, Jul 10, 2021

2. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jul 10, 2021
  4. K0MB Win User

lost admin rights

Hello Rick, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

You can recover your admin rights through safe mode.

Follow these steps from your account which was admin before.

-right click on Windows Start button and go Settings.

-Click on " Accounts"

-Select "Family & other users", and then click "Add someone else to this PC".

-Click "I don't have this person’s sign-in information." and "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

-Enter a username and "NEXT", A local account will be created

-Click on start button and type CMD

-In the Command Prompt Windows, type: shutdown /r /o

and press Enter

-After Windows 10 restarts to the "Choose an option" screen, click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Then click Restart.

-On the Startup Settings screen, press 4 number key to enable safe mode.

-Go to User Accounts > Manage another account, select the new local account you created

-then click the Change the account type link. Select Administrator and click Change Account Type to change the account from a standard user to an administrator.

-Restart PC to get Windows 10 out of safe mode and go back to its normal mode. Sign in Windows 10 with the new Admin account. Now, you’ve got back administrator rights in Windows 10 and you can delete the issued Admin account on which you lost administrator
    rights.

Source :
    https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/lost-admini...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thema:

1. Lost admin rights to a random windows account - Similar Threads - Lost admin rights

2. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  3. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  4. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  5. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  6. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  7. Lost admin rights on my account

Lost admin rights on my account: Windows has created a duplicate account for same username without admin rights. Now every time I login it login with that account so I cannot access my original admin account. BitLocker is enabled on my laptop so I cannot reset Administrator account using safe mode. I can...
  8. Lost administration rights on admin account

Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  9. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...