Windows 10: Lost Admin Rights

Discus and support Lost Admin Rights in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hakanaktp, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Lost Admin Rights

Lost Admin Rights Frf9pC7-JsxhsaZdx09iNNh2GzmvyZgSRUvW6ZOLhf0.jpg

Hey guys,

So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser).

I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore. Instead, it said something like "No startup settings available" or smth like that, I forgot because I already fixed that.

But right now, I also found out that I lost other admin rights, like even opening task manager.

https://preview.redd.it/2hu5z0frh0y...bp&s=3669eb4e1738686c70e7ecb0c0b313d229fe68f4

When I do <ALT> + <CTRL> + <DEL>, I can only see the option Lock when there should be a couple more.

I looked op a way to reset my admin rights and the only one that I found was to make a new user with admin rights and delete this one, but I don't want to lose my desktop, shortcuts, etc.

Anyone that can help with this problem?

submitted by /u/hakanaktp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hakanaktp, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Nov 8, 2020
  4. rickennis Win User

Lost Admin Rights

lost admin rights

after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files

rickennis, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Lost Admin Rights

1. Lost Admin Rights - Similar Threads - Lost Admin Rights

2. lost my admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my admin rights: I accidently deleted my admin accounts and dont have any access to my admin account.I only got my standard user account. I can,t recover/reset my pc. Since i dont have access of my admin account, i cant access the bitlocker key due to which i am not able to enter to safe mode...
  3. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  4. Lost admin rights

Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  5. LOST ADMIN RIGHTS BUT BITLOCKER IS ON

LOST ADMIN RIGHTS BUT BITLOCKER IS ON: Hello, I purchased in JUNE hp laptop with Windows 10 on it. I never used bitlocker and it is a personnal laptop so no organization school, work is involved. One day my only account lost its admin rights. It is now a guest account. When I tried to reboot in safe mode A...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  7. LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON: Hello, I purchased in october a Dell computer with Windows 10 on it. I never used bitlocker and it is a personnal computer so no organization school, work is involved. One day my only account lost its admin rights. It is now a guest account. When I tried to reboot in...
  8. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  9. Lost my Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my Admin Rights: Hi, I made a change to my account and changed the account type from "Administrator" to "netmon users" to troubleshoot an application. But now I am not able to change it back to Admin. I am not able to do any changes to my PC. The UAC pops up and says to enter admin...
  10. Lost all Admin rights.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Admin rights.: Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him...