Windows 10: Lost admin username and password

Discus and support Lost admin username and password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to have inadvertantly deleted my Admin username and password and am now unable to unable to uninstall any programs, log in to system restore or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianBuck, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BrianBuck Win User

Lost admin username and password

I seem to have inadvertantly deleted my Admin username and password and am now unable to unable to uninstall any programs, log in to system restore or to re-set my computer. Attempting to do any of these produces the message "you do not have permission to uninstall/use this program." I am using Windows 10, and would be very grateful if anyone could help me resolve this problem. As I'm relatively new to computing, I'd also be grateful if any answer could be kept simple.

:)

BrianBuck, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 7, 2021
  3. lost admin password

Here you go:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

net users

(to see a list of all user accounts)

net user "John Doe" 12345678

(to set John's password to 12345678)
    Deleting the "other admin account" would be equivalent to throwing away your spare house key. Why would you want to do this?

Frederik Long, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Kol12 Win User

Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost admin username and password - Similar Threads - Lost admin username

2. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  3. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  4. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot enter admin username & password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  6. Cannot enter admin username & password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  7. LOST ADMIN PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOST ADMIN PASSWORD: Replaced my old computer with a newer HP. Wanting to transfer files. So, I turned the old unit on and it did not ask for my PIN only showed my name. I clicked asked for PASSWORD, I had always used a PIN and my outlook password has changed a lot of times from 2016. I can hit...
  8. "To continue, enter an admin username and password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password": Recently this will pop up with a grayed out "yes" option on my computer when I do almost anything. I've had this computer for 5+ years and suddenly I've lost Administrator permissions. How to fix? (When it first happened, it was fixed when i restarted my laptop. Now that...
  9. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost admin password: I have lost the admin password, fortunately as a user I have admin rights to this computer. I didn't create or have lost the password disk when I installed Windows 10. How do I either delete the other Admin account of change the password for it? Thank you. rk...
  10. admin password lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    admin password lost: i've lost my admin passowrd and can't get in as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/admin-password-lost/e79664dd-3a2d-4aee-9b63-f8a5336031f9