Windows 10: Lost administration rights on admin account

Discus and support Lost administration rights on admin account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by _m a, Nov 8, 2018.

1. _m a Win User

Lost administration rights on admin account

I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one:

After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command prompt as an administrator, the administration account seems to have lost administration rights.

When trying to sign in windows states that sign in method is not allowed!?

Urgent help needed -

:)

_m a, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Lost administrative rights & Account

Hi,

If you have another admin account you can log into that account and change the permission of the other account. If this is the only account your PC then follow the steps to change account permission to admin.

• Press Windows key + R and type netplwiz and hit Enter.
    • Select the account and click on Properties.
    • Under Group membership tab select Administrator and click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, Nov 8, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost administration rights on admin account - Similar Threads - Lost administration rights

2. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  3. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  4. Lost admin rights to a random windows account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost admin rights to a random windows account: Hello,So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges to a random account that mysteriously appeared. The new random account has a password which I don`t know I tried guessing a few and also tried no password and it doesnt work....
  5. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  6. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  7. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  8. Lost admin rights on my account

Lost admin rights on my account: Windows has created a duplicate account for same username without admin rights. Now every time I login it login with that account so I cannot access my original admin account. BitLocker is enabled on my laptop so I cannot reset Administrator account using safe mode. I can...
  9. administrator account doesnt have admin rights

administrator account doesnt have admin rights: Hi I made new account on windows 10 and added my Microsoft account to sign in using email address etc. So now I am logged in to that, but everything I do, like remove programs or change startup, asks me to sign in to an admin account, or says I don't have access. I checked...
  10. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...