Windows 10: Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Discus and support Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sarah Khan2, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive has Bitlocker protection enabled, which is denying my access to change settings.

Please help me to get back my administrative rights or suggest what I can do to fix the problem. Thank you guys

:)

Sarah Khan2, Feb 24, 2019

2. Lost Administrative Rights

Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This
    default administrative is disabled and
    I cannot enable it on my device because of lack of privileges. When I tried to fix this issue I found that the drive has Bitlocker protection enabled which denies
    accessing to change settings

AnaTesorieri, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Lost Administrative Rights

Hello AnaTesorieri,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

See if this step-by-step fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-lost-administrati...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Feb 24, 2019
  4. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

Lost Administrative Rights

Hi Ana, Greg is here (an Independent advisor).

I suggest that you access your BitLocker password. To unlock it use the BitLocker recovery key and try to boot the computer into safe mode. However it will not get the administrative rights back. Follow the link to the article >

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

The default administrator account can be enabled only if you have administrative rights. Thus I can recommend that you try the only option that is to install Windows from the boot menu. It is custom installation that can allow you to save your personal files,
    but the applications would be removed and you need to reinstall them.

The following link will help you to perform Custom Installation of Windows:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Greg Shapiro, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

1. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem - Similar Threads - Lost administrative rights

2. LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON: Hello, I purchased in october a Dell computer with Windows 10 on it. I never used bitlocker and it is a personnal computer so no organization school, work is involved. One day my only account lost its admin rights. It is now a guest account. When I tried to reboot in...
  3. Lost Administrative Rights

Lost Administrative Rights: My Machine: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Ver 1909 c/w all current updates and patches incl the new Edge Recently lost Administrative rights on my PC. Have no idea How or Why. UAC has no YES button. Cannot update any software or install any new software. Starting to get...
  4. Lost Administrator rights

Lost Administrator rights: I have lost all administrator rights and i cannot change anything , i wanted to factory reset and in error deleted my own administrator rights . would appreciate help because i have spent a number of daily hours without success.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. lost all administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all administrator rights: Hello, I have a new computer and somehow I have lost all administrator rights. The yes button is grayed out and it says to enter administrator information, but I can not. I've tried the following: 1. Adding a new user as an administrator, but it won't allow me to because...
  6. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  7. Lost administrator rights

Lost administrator rights: In order to understand the problem completely I will start from the beginning. I was deleting some duplicate files in my Adobe Acrobat folder but the files from a specific folder required special administrator rights in order to be deleted (although I am the administrator and...
  8. Lost Administrative Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  9. Administrator log on and rights lost

Administrator log on and rights lost: Does anyone know how to get my administrator rights back. I keep getting an access denied error message. I need help with making myself the administrator on my computer again. I have tried you tube help and Microsoft support help to no avail. I can't change anything on...
  10. Lost Administrator rights.

Lost Administrator rights.: I can't activate back my admin account. Just because I don't remember the password, I dont have rights to change my current account which is local account to admin....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i turned bitlocker on and my computer has lost administration rights