Windows 10: Lost Administrator rights to my PC, cannot log on with Safe Mode with networking as the...

Discus and support Lost Administrator rights to my PC, cannot log on with Safe Mode with networking as the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have found we no longer have administrator rights on our own PC. We did have a partitioned drive, but for some reason that got closed, so although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kestria, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Kestria Win User

Lost Administrator rights to my PC, cannot log on with Safe Mode with networking as the...

I have found we no longer have administrator rights on our own PC.

We did have a partitioned drive, but for some reason that got closed, so although we see 2 drives, one refuses to open.

On the remaining partition, where all the files are, I cannot access some folders in the root, such as WindowsApps. It says I don't have admin rights.

So I did some googling and found we can make some user access corrections in safe mode with networking.

However doing this it prompts for password when it tries to log on, I enter my Microsoft password, it says it isn't correct. No idea what's going on here!

And no idea how we lost admin rights.

NB I had disabled OneDrive a while back, which might have caused both issues noted above. But I re-enabled this, following some threads that pointed to that being an issue. But that didn't fix it.

I mainly noticed this issue as the new Xbox Windows app won't work as it needs to install add-ons, such as the Game Service, but that doesn't do anything. I go to settings on the app and click to install, it changes to install, prompts for access which I confirm, and then nothing. The button goes back to INSTALL. It was because of that, I read needing to access the WindowsApp folder noted above, but I can't as my own PC says I don't have admin rights!

Trying to avoid a system reset.

Any other ideas on how I can give myself back admin rights?

:)

Kestria, Apr 5, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

No networking on safe mode?

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Please perform the following steps:
    1) Make a fresh boot into safe mode with networking
    2) Do not logon
    3) In the right lower corner click on the network icon
    4) Select a Wifi network
    5) Once connected to Wifi > logon to Windows

zbook, Apr 5, 2021
  3. No network after activating safe mode, can’t log in.

Hi all.

Ive been having issues with my pc becoming unresponsive after a few minutes on a regular basis. Per a community suggestion, i put the PC into safe mode to limit services and identify if any extra service might be causing the problem. Once in safe mode, I
    lost networking and have not been able to log in at all. I have been stuck at the lock screen and cannot find a way past it. I have tried safe mode, safe mode with networking, system reset/restore etc and EVERYTHING requires a network connection in order to
    accept username/password and proceed. I cannot find any bootup method that will let me back into my account. Help!

PaulClark86, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Winuser Win User

Lost Administrator rights to my PC, cannot log on with Safe Mode with networking as the...

Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

I'm not sure what build they made the change in . I have tried every suggestion I found and nothing worked. When in Safe Mode my wireless network doesn't even show up so I can't choose it as a option.

Edit: I just tried booting into Safe Mode. The network icon had a X in it. When I clicked on it the only option was Airplane Mode.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost Administrator rights to my PC, cannot log on with Safe Mode with networking as the... - Similar Threads - Lost Administrator rights

2. Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking: A recent windows update screw with something and started making my cpu to overheat. I went to safemode to reverse the update but got stuck in the log-in because it ask for my password instead of my pin. I didnt remeber my password so I change it through the phone. That didn't...
  3. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  4. Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode: can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but it still cant login because my PC cant connect to amy metwork... i use wifi amd usb thetering and its still cant connext and...
  5. Cannot log in or go to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in or go to safe mode: I cannot log into windows. It doesn’t recognize my pin or password. It then goes to black screen with dell logo and a circle appears then back to opening screen i have tried rebooting it in safe mode. No luck. Just opens back to same place...
  6. Cannot log into Safe Mode

Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  7. Lost Administrative Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  8. Administrator log on and rights lost

Administrator log on and rights lost: Does anyone know how to get my administrator rights back. I keep getting an access denied error message. I need help with making myself the administrator on my computer again. I have tried you tube help and Microsoft support help to no avail. I can't change anything on...
  9. Lost Administrator rights.

Lost Administrator rights.: I can't activate back my admin account. Just because I don't remember the password, I dont have rights to change my current account which is local account to admin....
  10. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking: Problem I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment. I have some files that Edge corrupted when it downloaded them, but will not let me delete. So I quickly looked online and it suggested that I go to systems configuration and...