Windows 10: Lost Administrators Group Membership

Discus and support Lost Administrators Group Membership in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomSparks2, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Lost Administrators Group Membership

My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer.

Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it.

I'm attempting to restore this membership without much luck.

I have activated the Administrator account but I cannot log in under this account. I can access the command line as Administrator, but Administrator seems to have limited authority there.

Using the command,

"net user"

does not show my wife's account.

Creating an account with Administrators Group membership using,

"net localgroup Administrators NEWUSER /add

seems to create a user temporarily but upon a reboot the user disappears.

I am stumped.

Is there a way to regain Administrators Group membership for this account?

:)

TomSparks2, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Lost administrative rights & Account

Hi,

If you have another admin account you can log into that account and change the permission of the other account. If this is the only account your PC then follow the steps to change account permission to admin.

• Press Windows key + R and type netplwiz and hit Enter.
    • Select the account and click on Properties.
    • Under Group membership tab select Administrator and click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    replace device administrator

Hi Aryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may follow the steps listed below to convert a standard account to an administrator account:

• Login to the existing administrator account.
    • Press ‘Win + R’ keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      netplwiz
    • Highlight the standard account.
    • Click on ‘Properties’ and ‘Group Membership’.
    • Click the radio button for ‘Administrator’ and select ‘Apply’ > ‘OK’.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Lost Administrators Group Membership

System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084 for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Lost Administrators Group Membership

1. Lost Administrators Group Membership - Similar Threads - Lost Administrators Group

2. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  3. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Premium Membership: I renewed my Premium Membership 28042022 and today I received a reminder that my Premium Membership is about to expire. Can someoneplease let me know what is going on and why my membership has not been update?Robert Brown or Cute Cactus 31950 10052022...
  4. Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a situation where a user was disabled and removed from their security & distribution groups.They were later re-enabled but of course were no longer part of their previous groups, so the original user access records had to be reviewed and we...
  5. VPN - Group Membership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN - Group Membership: When the user is on Cisco VPN or any third party VPN on a Windows 10 device the user group membership does not enumerate properly. For example, we have a group called Windows10RemMedia that we add users that needed USB access. When on the VPN, if the user is being added to...
  6. Family Group membership removed by Son

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group membership removed by Son: UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that! Here is the exact problem: From the task bar the child Family Group member...
  7. User Group Membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Group Membership: Hello, I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT department. I have removed his account from the Domain Admin group but the policy isn't applying correctly, his account can still...
  8. Lost Home Group

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Home Group: Seem to have lost Home Group between two laptops. Worked perfectly some time ago. Now the Home Group symbol no longer appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lost-home-group/84c57328-d120-4b2c-8073-00d722ec734b
  9. administrator group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator group: I forget; how do i make my user a member of the administrator group? 8801
  10. Lost administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost administrator: Hi, I am having a problem with my windows 10 accounts. I had on acc that had all rights and i decied to make another on. So i did. Next thing i did is that i chaned names of both accounts and that is situation where i lost my administrator. It just dissapeard..there is no...