Windows 10: Lost all Admin rights.

Discus and support Lost all Admin rights. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BaBaBaggins, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Lost all Admin rights.

Hi,
    My brother thought by logging into his Microsoft account on our main computer would be very helpful. He then got admin rights. So, the past few days I have been trying to undo what he did and sure enough I have got his account off the computer. However, when making him just a standard user from admin, the account we still have on our main desktop is only a standard user as well and i forgot to change it to an admin. I tried so many different ways. I tried command prompt, safe mode to giving the local account admin but the "YES" button is still blurred out. I have no idea what to do since this a new software and every method I have tried doesn't help.

:)

BaBaBaggins, Jul 26, 2016

2. Lost all admin rights and admin account is deleted

Hi

My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking.

Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed.

Cannot use the comm prompt admin

Cannot access Command Prompt through Advanced advance options.

Try regedit with win+run and follow this Load Hive window system root drive (did not see this in peticular) so I selected >
    Windows > System32 > config. Access to config is denied so cannot find SAM.

Restore is not working

Network is block out (so no internet)

Tried to boot to the command prompt by forcing the PC to boot into recovery mode. To convince Windows 10 it is 'broken' you should boot up and, when you see the Windows logo appear, for a laptop press and hold the power button (or press the reset button
    on a desktop) to kill it before it finishes booting. Repeat three times, on the third boot it will start in recovery mode. Not working. In blue screen I see Administrator but get the message that I don't have the right password.

Access Win syt 32 config via LoadHive is denied

Looking at existing account via Hkeylocal - software - windowsNT - current version - profile list and compare to mine, I thinks there might be a problem there.

Activited hidden Admin account or Rebuilding is not working (get pop-up saying I don't have the rights).

Pleaaaase heeeeelppppp. About to cry

ValerieDesmeules, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Lost all admin rights and admin account is deleted

Hi Valerie,

In order for us to assist you regarding the Admin rights issue on your computer. Kindly refer to the response of
    Isha Soni on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run Safe Mode and SFC Scan on your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jul 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
Thema:

Lost all Admin rights.

1. Lost all Admin rights. - Similar Threads - Lost Admin rights

2. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  3. Lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin rights: I have the following Problem:I created a new Windows user and I forgot to activate admin privileges for it and I deleted the old account and disabled the local Administrator. My user is now only in the suers group. Now I can't execute anything with admin privileges. If I want...
  4. LOST ADMIN RIGHTS BUT BITLOCKER IS ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOST ADMIN RIGHTS BUT BITLOCKER IS ON: Hello, I purchased in JUNE hp laptop with Windows 10 on it. I never used bitlocker and it is a personnal laptop so no organization school, work is involved. One day my only account lost its admin rights. It is now a guest account. When I tried to reboot in safe mode A...
  5. Lost Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin Rights: Hi, I recently followed a youtube video and stupidly deleted my admin rights. I have the upgrade version of win 10 and so don't have a disk. Most of the ways to recover admin rights seem to involve creating a new profile, and deleting the old one. I have no problem doing...
  6. Somehow I lost all admin rights in System

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Somehow I lost all admin rights in System: Lost all admin rights in system after I failed to renew an app that cleaned up my system. I can log into windows with my user name and password, but once in there no matter what I do it tells me to login as an admin., and I can't seem to give myself admin rights. I tried...
  7. LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    LOST ADMIN RIGHTS AND BITLOCKER IS ON: Hello, I purchased in october a Dell computer with Windows 10 on it. I never used bitlocker and it is a personnal computer so no organization school, work is involved. One day my only account lost its admin rights. It is now a guest account. When I tried to reboot in...
  8. Lost Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost Admin Rights: [ATTACH] Hey guys, So I had to download a lockdown browser for my school Respondus lockdown browser). I started it to test it a few times. The last time it crashed. When I wanted to shut down my pc, I noticed I don't have the Sleep-Shutdown-Reset options anymore....
  9. lost admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin rights: after updating windows 10 I lost Admin Rights cant move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-rights/52641ba6-3a0b-405c-9130-c6cc527a6627
  10. Lost all admin rights and account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...