Windows 10: Lost all content in folders showing empty

Discus and support Lost all content in folders showing empty in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has just happened minutes ago while trying to save a Word doc. The content has gone from my open Word docs, all folders system and personal files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErwinS 65, May 15, 2019.

1. ErwinS 65 Win User

Lost all content in folders showing empty

This has just happened minutes ago while trying to save a Word doc.

The content has gone from my open Word docs, all folders system and personal files are showing empty. I only have icon images and blanks when navigating windows, control panel, etc.

There is a Windows warning message but it is empty so I'm not touching anything until I know whats happening.

Its kind of urgent.

I really cannot lose these files....

Thanks

:)

ErwinS 65, May 15, 2019
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, May 15, 2019
  3. TToff Win User
    WD My Cloud 4Tb - Lost full content of Share Folder and Safepoint

Hullo,

Yesterday I lost a whole content of my main custom share folder on My Cloud 3Tb and simultaneously all data on my Safepont backup drive (sic!) (3Tb).

Previously I have noticed that My Cloud frequently disconnected itself from my home network. Thus I had to reboot it by detaching power supply. There was also a problem with recognition of my USB external storage attached to My Cloud (Safepoint drive).

Finally I did a Safe Factory Restore and I switched my main share folder setting from public to private. While doing that my main custom share folder disappeared from share list (Windows Explorer and web UI). When I switched back to public it reappeared again.

I think in this moment I noticed in Windos Explorer that in my main custom folder share sub-folder (huge volume - about 2.7TB) content became disappeared - there were files and subfolders there.

After certain time the share was emptied. There were only one folder (empty) and one sub-folder (empty).

I was struck dumb discovering that the Safepoint drive was also emptied. All folders remains in the root but they were completely empty!

As WD assures it was to be the safest protection for the My Cloud data!.
    Thus I have lost almost 3Tb of precious data.

Today I contacted WD Support and they confirmed no data on the both drive. They, in the preliminary way proposed me an exchange (drive is on warranty) free of charge (after recovery attempt)! The final decision should be confirmed. They have advised me to contact recovery service company to retrieve the data. Of course they do not cover the fee.

They have not been able to explain why and how was it possible to loose the data from Safepoint drive.

I am extremely disappointed. In such case the whole WD idea of data security is totally untrustworthy. I will never be able to trust it and put on it any valuable data, any data.

I wonder wher if any of you have the similar problem.

I would be deeply thankful if you could furnish me with any potential cause of that disaster and if the lost data could be recoverable.

Thank you in advance and be careful, do not trust a Safepoint stability and security.

I wish I made a backup on a separate drive and not on attached to My Cloud one. Well, I wish I bought and used My Cloud at all.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion on the above.

TToff, May 15, 2019
  4. Lost all content in folders showing empty

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Lost all content in folders showing empty

1. Lost all content in folders showing empty - Similar Threads - Lost content folders

2. my orders folder is empty, all orders lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my orders folder is empty, all orders lost: my orders folder has empties except for 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-orders-folder-is-empty-all-orders-lost/70a60d14-1c0e-41d9-870d-d29595ec357f
  3. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  4. download folders show empty

download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  5. All docs missing and folders empty!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All docs missing and folders empty!: After initiation icloud/drive.......Malware etc. Dont know what caused all docs to disappear and all folders to be empty. How can I restore this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-docs-missing-and-folders-empty/c078fdc0-a661-4d9c-8040-0ee2a504dbbd
  6. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  7. windows 10 showing empty folders

windows 10 showing empty folders: folders showing empty in documents in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-empty-folders/71e46bd1-5e90-4fcd-b8f6-341f856e0df5"
  8. Why are all my sub folders showing empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are all my sub folders showing empty: Why are all my sub folders showing empty, I need a proper answer, as all my items are in these folders I really need to get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/why-are-all-my-sub-folders-showing-empty/a90c7ef5-ec57-4965-8980-0f98742be897
  9. Lost "more" folders content

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "more" folders content: I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them? 95025
  10. Windows not showing folder contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows not showing folder contents: I recently bought a new PC with W10 installed and all seems to have gone smoothly with transferring files etc from my old PC to the new machine. I ran Duplicate Cleaner before the transfer and again afterwards as it was obvious there were some folders that had not been picked...