Windows 10: Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

Discus and support Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there ! I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem. So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TAGSTER 287, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

Hello there !

I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem.

So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance.

I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there. I realized shortly after that my files were kept under User>"MyName". So logically I just moved everything back into a NEW order. I then left my computer for a few days, and then I was shocked to find this when I returned:

-My OLD desktop order of files was back !

-My background was just black ?!

-And every single file decades of photos, important files, game saves, etc. that I had moved previously back into their respective places after I thought the update actually happened were GONE !!!

I have tried contacting Support but they were of no help. Either they didn't understand my problem, or they told me nothing could be done..

I have since tried countless methods checking bin, etc.. Most notably going into my "Local Disk C:" to try and find the old files, but I was met with 4 TEMP files labeled: TEMP MyPC 000.000.001, and so on that contained a bunch of stuff which I have no idea what they are or what they are for but not my files. Also tried restoring older versions of my current files,but no older file versions are possible.And even PC altogether but the system doesn't seem to think that I owned a previous version of Windows on this PC aside from 7 not even 8 ?. Only the version since after this incident seems to be available. I also found a "Window.old1" file but it dated of 2017...so of no help.

So I have attempted numerous times to restore/recover my old files to no avail. And now I find myself in a dire situation where I am in need of an old important file for something that was relevant to my work earlier this year that now has come back into actuality family member medical report.

If somebody, anybody, has an idea, suggestion or advise as to what I can do please reply to this message as soon as possible ! Thank you ahead of time for your response and have a nice day !!

:)

TAGSTER 287, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2020
  3. windows updates not installed since august 2019

Hi

Not one update for Windows 10 has now installed since August 2019 other than
    August 30, 2019 — KB4511555 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1903

I initially presumed this would be a known error and would eventually be resolved by a future update, but this clearly is not the case.

All updates are downloading without problem, but installation reached 98% and then starts to uninstall.

I've tried turning off my antivirus and firewall but that doesn't do anything either.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

chriswa(2), Jan 7, 2020
  4. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

Windows 10 update August 2019

The update for Windows 10 August 2019 has been running for 3 hrs. Why is it taking so long

HolleyNelson, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

1. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 ! - Similar Threads - Lost files latest

2. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  3. Lost files after latest Microsoft Update

Lost files after latest Microsoft Update: I have lost all my pictures and documents after Microsoft's lates update. This is the secount time this has happend, I was able to get a friend to restore, but hate asking AGAIN!! Why does this keep happening and how do I retrieve all my missing documents, files, photos,...
  4. Windows 10 update August 2019

Windows 10 update August 2019: The update for Windows 10 August 2019 has been running for 3 hrs. Why is it taking so long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-august-2019/58bea869-9c6d-4db7-9b1c-fdb3975f7aad
  5. Windows 10 Errors after update August 21 2019

Windows 10 Errors after update August 21 2019: Hello guys, After the recent windows update, I have been getting random errors and all, this problem persisted even after I refreshed my pc, is there a fix to it, below are few screenshots I have taken. And app defaults are being reset frequently an fix for that would...
  6. WIndows 10 August 2019 Update

WIndows 10 August 2019 Update: Since the August 2019 update came through my office computer has slowed to the point of absolute frustration, every task takes upwards of 15 seconds to register once the mouse is clicked. More significantly in Office 365. Simple tasks like a spelling correction in Word takes...
  7. All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week: Very angry and frustrated as W10 automatically updated last week. 2013 Outlook removed and now put back on and old pst file located eventualy to get emails and sub folders (no w10 search did not find them either) All my files removed and found main ones eventualy. Now...
  8. Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019: My PC has just updated itself to the latest Version of Windows 10 (automatic process). This has caused me a number of problems which I cannot fix, can someone advise please: All the apps on the start menu do not work, ie weather, calculator, windows store etc; When apps...
  9. Bluetooth disabled after last Windows 10 Update (August 2019)

Bluetooth disabled after last Windows 10 Update (August 2019): My version of Windows 10 got updated yesterday and I now I can't activate Bluetooth on my PC anymore. My motherboard (GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI) has integrated Bluetooth and it had been working without issues for years. After the last update, I can't find the Bluetooth adapter in...
  10. Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10

Lost all my files after update the latest version of Windows 10: Lost all my files after updating to the latest version of Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-my-files-after-update-the-latest-version/b402d64b-9f13-477a-ba1a-e720745911c4