Windows 10: Lost all my data

Discus and support Lost all my data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A Rizk, Mar 25, 2020.

1. A Rizk Win User

Lost all my data

Hi

I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile".

I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with .bak. that didnt work and another solution was to delete the one with .bak and rename the profilepath of the one without bak to take me to the user account. I tried that but it turned out to be a mistake and now all my documents and files from that user name are gone.

Is there a way to recover this user registry/with my data? To note that only the documents and files in the recycle bin are available.

Please help

:)

A Rizk, Mar 25, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Lost all my data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lost all my data

LOST DATA ONENOTE

Hi Jeff,

There are a lot of possible factors for this matter. To isolate the issue, I have a couple of questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• What activity triggered the issue?

• Were there any error messages appear before your device went to repair mode?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

I recommend that you perform a system restore and see if you can still recover the lost data. To perform a system
    restore, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Change
      View to Small icons.

• Choose
      Recovery.

• Click on
      Open System Restore.

• Choose the restore point to when the issue is not occurring.

For more information, check to the article entitled
    "Recovery
    options in Windows 10"
    and refer to the instructions under
    Restore from a system restore point.

We'll waiting for any updates from you.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Lost all my data

1. Lost all my data - Similar Threads - Lost data

2. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  5. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  6. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My windows 11 laptop got hacked. Personal data lost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 laptop got hacked. Personal data lost.: My windows 11 laptop got hacked. All my personal files like educational documents, photos, employment documents etc got deleted from Downloads folder. I see a new folder named "microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" in Downloads folder. Is there anyway can I get my...
  8. My windows 11 laptop got hacked. Personal data lost.

My windows 11 laptop got hacked. Personal data lost.: My windows 11 laptop got hacked. All my personal files like educational documents, photos, employment documents etc got deleted from Downloads folder. I see a new folder named "microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" in Downloads folder. Is there anyway can I get my...
  9. I have a surface 5 laptop. The PIN and Hello data get lost if the battery goes flat which...

I have a surface 5 laptop. The PIN and Hello data get lost if the battery goes flat which...: Also my battery gets very warm when I am using the laptop. It is approx 6 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-surface-5-laptop-the-pin-and-hello-data/81f6e9a8-17f8-4152-b1eb-4aa0aa1b23cc
  10. I have a surface 5 laptop. The PIN and Hello data get lost if the battery goes flat which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a surface 5 laptop. The PIN and Hello data get lost if the battery goes flat which...: Also my battery gets very warm when I am using the laptop. It is approx 6 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-surface-5-laptop-the-pin-and-hello-data/81f6e9a8-17f8-4152-b1eb-4aa0aa1b23cc