Windows 10: Lost all my documents after an update

Discus and support Lost all my documents after an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuzanneRamsay2, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Lost all my documents after an update

I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?

:)

SuzanneRamsay2, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

I lost my documents after the windows 10 upgraded, which seems that it roll back to the previous version months ago.

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to find your documents because it was hidden or move where they are saved before after the update. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you able to backup your files before the update?
    • Does your OneDrive files sync to your computer before update?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to find lost files after the
    update to Windows 10. You can expand each section and perform the instructions.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Lost all my documents after an update

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Lost all my documents after an update

1. Lost all my documents after an update - Similar Threads - Lost documents update

2. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  3. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  4. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  5. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  6. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. All Documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Documents lost: I have lost all my documents after your last update and I need my resume ASAP I don't understand your last instructions and I am so unhappy with Microsoft but I have to use it. It use to be user friendly but not anymore. I want my documents back on my computer! I am not a...
  8. Document Lost after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Document Lost after update: Good Afternoon Excuse my English, I am Afrikaans. I need urgent help. I am a teacher who updated my windows last week. Since I updated some of my documents have just disappeared out of some of my folders. It is documents that I urgently need back. When I go to WORD and...
  9. Lost documents after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost documents after Windows update.: How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested folders etc., but no luck. My pictures are there but the documents folder is GONE. Please help. Very important documents have...
  10. All Files within My Documents lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All Files within My Documents lost: After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 pro I lost all my files within my documents The funny thing is that all files within my pictures and video, music were not affected. Has anyone else experienced this or knows what to do? 34534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after updates lost all my documents