Windows 10: Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

Discus and support Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, With the last update of Microsoft Edge, I lost all my internet history. Also the 'set these tabs aside' feature seems to be unavailable, and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by krystyna black, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

Hi,

With the last update of Microsoft Edge, I lost all my internet history. Also the 'set these tabs aside' feature seems to be unavailable, and all the tabs that I has set aside with the previous version are now gone. I really need them back for work.

Nowhere was I asked or informed before the update that I would lose personal information.

So how do I get back my info and go back to the previous version of Microsoft Edge? The new version is confusing, with relocation of many important features and the icon is weird.

Thank you and help me out, please.

:)

krystyna black, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs and History on Microsoft Edge

Hi Project153,

Just to verify, have you checked if System Restore is enabled on your PC? If it has been enabled before the disappearance of your Set Aside tabs, then we can restore it by extracting these data from the restore point. You can refer to
    this thread and look for
    graye's answer for more information and steps.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 16, 2020
  3. harrymc Win User
    Disable set aside tabs in Edge

The official answer by Microsoft to this question can be found in their forum
    How to turn off "set these tabs aside" in Edge on Win10.

The count of "I have the same question" on this post is 90.

Dyan Rey from Microsoft replied on July 20, 2017 :

I found this link mentioned : Feedback Hub - Windows Insider, but I'm unwilling
    to sign on to the Feedback app to verify it.

Other answers by Microsoft that say the same :

I am afraid that all you can do at the moment is join your voice to the
    feedback channel, and wait for Microsoft to act.
    As far as I know, there are actually no non-Microsoft workarounds or hacks.

harrymc, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs and History on Microsoft Edge

So long story short, is it possible to restore lost (not closed, lost) "Set Aside" tabs? If so, where do I go to do that?

A little while ago there was a 2018-04 Cumulative Update, specifically April 10th, 2018 (KB4093112). I installed this update on my main desktop and it caused abnormally high disk usage which made my computer barely usable (it prevented me from doing anything
    due to how long things would start up and not respond etc.), it was at the point where if I restarted the computer, it would fail to start up and it would take me to the advanced started up options where it asked if I wanted to do the usual stuff like repair
    disk, factory reset, refresh, (I saw that option once and used it which fixed it until I restarted the computer to see if the issue would arise again, it never showed up again when this issue happened) etc. I've used the repair option and it didn't find anything
    to fix. So after eventually getting through all the shenanigans of logging in (this simple task of logging in and waiting for my desktop to load up was painfully slow as I watched the disk usage light and noted how it wasn't a flashing light, but a flat light),
    I thought I'd head to google to see why I have such high disk usage. Well UNFORTUNATELY every time I clicked on the Microsoft Edge icon, it wouldn't open up at all. Great. I tried every other browser I had (Firefox and Chrome), they opened up fine (except
    they have a lot of tabs so I'd rather no use those browsers for fear of more stress and potential loss of data in a potential failure). So my main computer is basically rendered useless due to 100% disk usage at all times for no apparent reason causing everything
    to be incredibly slow or not work at all, I shut it down (properly and not just holding down the power button or worse, pulling the power) resort to a backup device to continue on with life. Maybe a week or two later I decided to get back on, see if it works,
    no difference, went back to other device.

Fast forward to April 26th, an update comes out, I got back on the computer to my surprise it actually started up at a decent pace, everything responded just enough to get the updates to which I did, everything appeared to be fixed. I reinstalled a program
    that I had originally uninstalled a week or two prior to the April 10th update, I know some programs when you finish installation, it tends to open a page thanking you or something, it opens up in Microsoft Edge, and I noticed that Edge seemed quite different,
    in a bad way. Normally I have Dark Theme on, home button enabled, and a translator extension, I looked slightly further and noticed my settings had all been reset which is worrisome. I click on the button that shows all set aside tabs, NOTHING. I remember
    prior to the April 10th update, my browser was working just fine, I had a lot of tabs set to the side. Everything was gone as if I had just bought the computer and installed Microsoft Edge, the only things left were my favourites/bookmarks which are synced
    across all devices.

NOTE: I want to add that, during the time between April 10th to April 26th, when I was trying to get the computer to work, there were some programs (namely Steam) that opened links in browsers (pressing "Read More" in the news section of a game now opens
    up in a browser instead of in Steam), you could see the Edge icon open, but the page doesn't show up and after a few minutes of what I assume is Edge trying very hard to open up, it eventually just gives up and closes. I'm not really too sure if this was the
    cause of all my set aside tabs being lost or my browser being reset to factory settings in general so I'd thought I should mention this just in case the attempted opening and closing of Edge was what caused it (similar to how if you restore tabs on Chrome
    and it crashes during restoration, it'll ask to restore tabs but it'll restore nothing because the stuff you tried to restore was lost during the crash in the restoration process).

I've been a victim of losing tabs across many devices due to all sorts of reasons, losing at this point thousands upon thousands of tabs because I clearly have a bad habit of not bookmarking often enough or sorting through and organizing the literal tens
    of thousands of bookmarks across various browsers (namely Chrome) s,o this isn't the biggest of losses because its not like it was anything important, but obviously like anyone who loses lots of tabs (or loses anything in general), I'm not very happy about
    it and would love it if I could somehow restore the set aside tabs ESPECIALLY since the history was cleared out and the browser was back to its factory state. I've opened the browser a few times after trying some things so I'm not sure but I feel like that
    may have ruined all chances of recovery if it was even possible in the first place.

Project153, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

1. Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update - Similar Threads - Lost internet history

2. Lost all my passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost all my passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had saved all my passwords in my Microsoft Edge browser. And now that I was entering a very important meeting with a prospective client, they are all gone!The meeting is cancelled, and so are my chances of converting a major sale. I have tried looking for a solution and...
  3. Lost all my passwords in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost all my passwords in Microsoft Edge: I had saved all my passwords in my Microsoft Edge browser. And now that I was entering a very important meeting with a prospective client, they are all gone!The meeting is cancelled, and so are my chances of converting a major sale. I have tried looking for a solution and...
  4. Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge: I was update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. Where are my tabs set aside tabs that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge? In my Favorites & Other favorites folder was empty. How do i get back my set aside tabs?[ATTACH]...
  5. what is set aside tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is set aside tabs: What is meant be set aside these tabs ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-set-aside-tabs/234f3d66-bec0-4459-b5a9-ee5812e182ef
  6. Set aside

Set aside: I have tabs they’re on set side every time I delete them are closed they reappear is soon as I open another window of my thing and every time I turn off my computer they come back is there a way to fix it...
  7. Set aside tabs

Set aside tabs: This takes up valuable screen space on my tablet and is more than annoying. Why on earth can it not be disabled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-aside-tabs/0e485dcd-5b1a-4480-a10f-2e23762772a0
  8. Edge browser will not clear all Internet History

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser will not clear all Internet History: When I try to clear Internet History in Edge browser, I get the following message: "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again.". This is happening on 2 pc's and "trying again" does not clear. The item not being cleared is Browsing History, I have determined by process...
  9. Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge: How to: Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...