Windows 10: Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard

Discus and support Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it and it's not bad... Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yvette chong, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard

I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it and it's not bad...

Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them up, I'm out of luck for all my work notes that were stored on my device without me being able to back them up or restore them because they were "store" and "synced with the cloud"

The other day I noticed ERROR unsaved changes around my whiteboard documents.

I tried to rectify this by retrying but of course the program crashed in this recovery step.

I didnt want to risk removing the application and re-installing it as IT IS PROVEN that the app cannot be trusted.

Just insane entrapment of data by forcing the user to use this cloud services that are actually out of my control. Just shameful.

I want to know, is there ANY way of recovering the locally stored files? I KNOW they were on my computer before the sync stopped AND after it stopped.

:)

yvette chong, Jul 14, 2020
  2. NickS_115 Win User

Lost all of my Whiteboards

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and the Microsoft Whiteboards Application

The past few days Microsoft Whiteboard was not able to sync the changes to my whiteboards. This morning I tried to delete one of the whiteboards, the app crashed, and when I reopened it all of my whiteboards had disappeared.

How can I get help to recover my lost data?

The application would always sync to my Microsoft account, so I feel like my data would exist somewhere?

Online support told me this forum was my only avenue for getting support to recover lost data.

NickS_115, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it it's not bad...

Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them up, I'm out of luck for 2 months worth of notes that were stored on my machine without me being able to back them up or restore them because they were "store" and "synced with the
    cloud"

The other day I noticed ERROR unsaved changes around my whiteboard documents.

I tried to rectify this by logging out and logging back in but of course the program crashed in this recovery step.

I removed the application and re-installed logged in using my MS work account and only files synced in January are there.

Just insane entrapment of data by forcing the user to use this cloud services that are actually out of my control. Just shameful.

I want to know, is there ANY way of recovering the locally stored files? I KNOW they were on my computer before the sync stopped AND after it stopped.

<The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator>

ANTHONY KUZUB, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard

Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to hear that you've encountered this kind of issue. We suggest checking on your OneDrive if you can see a folder containing your whiteboard files. Moreover, we encourage you to send feedback directly to the Microsoft Whiteboard team by tapping the
    gear icon in the lower right corner of the app and choosing Send Feedback. This will open the Microsoft Feedback hub, where you can enter information about the issue you've encountered and provide a screenshot.

Moving forward, as we are dedicated to Office applications, we will move this thread to the correct category so you can get better help from experts.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Justin

Justin Cavida MSFT, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard

1. Lost all my notes in Microsoft Whiteboard - Similar Threads - Lost notes Microsoft

2. Sticky Notes seems to have lost all of my notes, but is in some sort of "search" mode that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes seems to have lost all of my notes, but is in some sort of "search" mode that...: I've used the Sticky Notes Windows 11 app to hold a long list of text items that I use for various purposes. It's been perfectly reliable for a long time.This morning it seems completely broken. Instead of showing my long list of text items, it shows a "Search" field below...
  3. Sticky Notes seems to have lost all of my notes, but is in some sort of "search" mode that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes seems to have lost all of my notes, but is in some sort of "search" mode that...: I've used the Sticky Notes Windows 11 app to hold a long list of text items that I use for various purposes. It's been perfectly reliable for a long time.This morning it seems completely broken. Instead of showing my long list of text items, it shows a "Search" field below...
  4. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  5. Lost all my Whiteboards after update

Lost all my Whiteboards after update: Recently opened up Whiteboard today after about a week and notice none of my Whiteboards are there I tried poking at it and it seems to be the new updated Whiteboard. A little bit freaked lost a lot of work data....
  6. i lost all my sticky notes

i lost all my sticky notes: I have saved most of the things in sticky notes, and i lost most of the sticky notes. Please help me to get all my sticky notes back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-sticky-notes/999f5a76-0287-4994-a340-d7b93f9c146b
  7. Microsoft Whiteboard in Teams Adds Sticky Notes and Text, Performance

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Whiteboard in Teams Adds Sticky Notes and Text, Performance: Whether youâ&#128;&#153;re working remotely or in the office, your team can use Whiteboard to run effective meetings, brainstorm, plan and think creatively. Weâ&#128;&#153;re excited to announce that some of the most loved Microsoft Whiteboard features on Windows 10 and iOS...
  8. Lost all of my Whiteboards

Lost all of my Whiteboards: I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and the Microsoft Whiteboards Application The past few days Microsoft Whiteboard was not able to sync the changes to my whiteboards. This morning I tried to delete one of the whiteboards, the app crashed, and when I reopened it all of...
  9. Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes

Microsoft Whiteboard - Lost 2 months of notes: I enjoy microsoft whiteboard. I use it, I like it it's not bad... Except the fact that there are NO files. And because I could not back them up, I'm out of luck for 2 months worth of notes that were stored on my machine without me being able to back them up or restore...
  10. lost notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost notes: I was working on OneNote yesterday and accidentally deleted an important page of notes. This page of notes was rather important to me, and I would like to recover it, yet I can find no record of it in my recycle bin and cannot seem to find any other copy of it on my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find my whiteboard files

2. microsoft whiteboard restore deleted