Windows 10: Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

Discus and support Lost all permissions for my Local Disk. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Extrident, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Extrident Win User

Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk now, and if I try to give myself the permissions back, it tells me that I do not have permission. Somehow this stopped me from getting into safe mode, as whenever I try that, it goes to a black screen with my cursor after login. I was trying to go into safe mode to access the built in administrator, but I don't think that would have worked. I have no idea how to get my permissions back, and I need help.

:)

Extrident, Nov 23, 2019
  2. SreehariV Win User

accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

1. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk. - Similar Threads - Lost permissions Local

2. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  3. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  4. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. accidently removal of all permission of local disk c

accidently removal of all permission of local disk c: hay while working on a project I accidently removed all permission and now i can not access my drive I have only one disk and my main presentation is now stuck and I want to to get any how I am ready to reinstall windows but my first priority is my presentation and I don't to...
  6. i lost all my permissions for anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i lost all my permissions for anything.: so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i was trying to turn off "trustedinstaller" to delete windows powershell. but well i'm stupid and did that and now i can't...
  7. lost permissions of my AppData\Local\Temp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost permissions of my AppData\Local\Temp: Hello, I have a new recurrent problem under windows 10 with my C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder which mess up a lot of stuff in my windows. Regularly I lost the permissions of the folder which make problems. I tried by putting back my account but it desappaer after...
  8. Local disk permission denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local disk permission denied: Hello Local disk permission denied can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-permission-denied/3ccb5f73-7540-483f-87fd-87adcc5404d0
  9. How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?: I made a bad mistake and remove both permissions for the system and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-all-user-permissions-on-my-local-disk/d9f13e98-348c-4046-8d42-8f58e573b3ef
  10. Lost all Administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Administrator permission: Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job! --Ed--